RWS pocket question

Le Fanu

Aerin, I have one and I agree; totally adorable. I also have one of the yellow box /World cover mini RWS decks without copyright and the cards are virtually identical. However, I also have other yellow box miniatures that have the copyright and it makes a difference.

Grizabella

True enough, but I found the Universal Waite pocket version appallingly flimsy. I tore two cards within five minutes of opening the pack.

Good grief, Charlie Brown! You're vicious! :p

Miss Woo

I just ordered the Pocket RWS from Tarotopia so I'm curious to see what the quality will be like. I'm too impatient to look for an older version and I don't like using eBay.

gregory

Is there an RW in a tin?
There's one in a plastic box....

The O.P refers to the "pocket" deck. Other posters refer to the "miniatures" RWS. There is a difference.

Scour ebay and get yourself a vintage version of whichever it is you want. They pop up all the time and are well worth investing in.

There are the lovely (mini) yellow box World cover boxes as well as the (rarer) Travellers Tarot in the old Rider blue box. If you're lucky you might get a copyright-free edition. So much nicer.

Then there are the older pocket - not mini - versions. I prefer these much more than the minis. The perfect size, callligraphy titles. Love love love mine.

The pocket Universal Waite - printed in China - is the crappest of all the printed in China decks. Shoddiness at its most brazen.
ALL my pocket ones seem fine. I have a pretty bad keychain universal - but when you get that small, good stock would make it impossible to use ! When you say mini vs pocket - I'd have called the travellers pocket size?

I got one of those for a song on ebay uk when I wasn't looking for it. Well, well worth hunting down - adorable size and lovely little deck. It's what I'd call Patience size and is extremely usable.
Yup - and then you told ME where to do the same, bless you ! It is lovely !