Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

A New TdM was born in Japan: Tarot de Marseille ISIS Version

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Denizen of the Coalsack Nebula

Bernice 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
If I had worked out how to order, I would have had. Thus far I am too thick. But now that I have reread the thread - I have emailed....
OMG. There's no hope for me at all then!

Bee
Top   #31
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 

Thanks for posting the examples of minors and courts, kenji! They are truly beautiful.

This is on my wish list for when I can afford a luxury.
Top   #32
Citizen

Moonbow 

I'm now not sure having seen the Courts, so whoever gets the deck first please post and let us have an honest review of the deck. I love the Majors and the pips are amazing, more than. Please let me know how the Courts sit in the deck.
Top   #33
Moderation

The crowned one 

I would love to see a card back. SO far I think this is a wonderful deck. I love large cards, can you give me the length of one side so I can tell the card size based on this " The proportion of the card is always the equivalent of two equilateral squares joined"...
Top   #34
Citizen

kenji 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTAH
I see they carry a publication date of 2010 - I only wonder why they haven't been brought to general public awareness sooner?
Hi PTAH
Prior to this 78-card deck (released on 18th April, 2011), ISIS published Majors only version (22 cards) in 2009. The reason for the dating "2010" is, I think, to be found in the instruction card (see my first post): the 250th anniversary of Nicolas Conver TdM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie
I'm now not sure having seen the Courts, so whoever gets the deck first please post and let us have an honest review of the deck. I love the Majors and the pips are amazing, more than. Please let me know how the Courts sit in the deck.
Hi Evie
The flesh colour in the scanned Courts looks a bit too reddish on the monitor to me, comparing to that in the real cards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The crowned one
I would love to see a card back. SO far I think this is a wonderful deck. I love large cards, can you give me the length of one side so I can tell the card size based on this " The proportion of the card is always the equivalent of two equilateral squares joined"...
Hi The crowned one
Below is the image of the card back. The size of the card is about 64mm x 125mm (NOTE: not of the frame). BTW the deck itself (78 cards) is 27mm thick, weighs about 200g.

Top   #35
Citizen

Carla 

For me, this is the most beautiful and appealing TdM I have seen. I may have to order this one!
Top   #36
Citizen

Moonbow 

Kenji, that would make a huge difference, if the skin tone is not very good in the scans. The Majors seem to be fine so I'm sure you are right.
Top   #37
Citizen

la-luna 
Talking

I received an answer to my mail a few seconds ago and immediately sent the money by paypal (he accepts paypal and International Postal Money Order)
(shipping and handling charge for Europe is 17 EURO)
Top   #38
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Checks email....

Nope

ETA YUP ! As I typed it went ping - and behold...
Top   #39
Citizen

KhonsuMes 

I love the rich, 3D quality of the minors, the wide-eyed askance glances, and the surreally alive shoulder plate on the cavalier. Visually it becomes another persona almost: Someone watching his/our back perhaps? Seeing in two directions at once, spatially or temporally?

Oh, and the bees are great.

Order email has been sent.

Thank you Kenji for bringing this one to our attention!
Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.