3 cards a day...

Mnemonica

Hello! Welcome in this thread, good to see you here!

OMG this deck is so beautiful! I just ordered and paid way to much for shipping (seriously, the postage mark was 8,50 Euro, and even if the packaging was ok, that does not add up to 12 Euro... well what can one do...) - I should have gotten this one, too! I don't have a swiss deck! And such great expressive faces! Thanks for enabling me, Mnemonica, when I just vowed to not buy another deck for this year, after paying a lot for the Bologna... ;)

Il Meneghello decks are just so addictive! I just went to the website and fell in love with the Tarocco di Della Rocca. I'm enabling myself now as well!

For once I managed NOT to read what you wrote about the cards before putting down my own thoughts! (it was hard, I am just too curious....) So here are my totally unbiassed thoughts on these three:

Clearly Force is the main character in this draw. She's wrestling with the beast in front of an audience. Is it a circus, a freak show? Will she put her HEAD into the mouth of the lion next? I always wonder if Force is actually trying to open the mouth of the lion or keep it closed, here it looks as if she wants to force it open. Why?

Le Bateleur is paying more attention to the Lion, while the King is eying La Force herself. Both don't seem to think about getting up and giving her a hand with the beast. Weirdly, in my head Force has really turned into a woman working in the circus, Le Bateleur is selling drinks and popcorn from his little table, and the King is the public in the VIP lounge....

So what could this mean, in a general reading for yourself... You are ... not struggling, that would be too much, it looks rather effortless - well, let's say you are dealing with quite a difficult task, at work I'd say. And you feel a bit left alone, not really supported by your colleagues or your family (Le bateleur) or your superiors (the King). You could need a helping hand, an assistant, someone to keep the mouth of the beast open while you stuck your head in. But you know that you can do it alone, you did it before. Still it would be comforting to have someone by your side, supporting you more.

Maybe you are making it look so easy to the outside that people around you don't know that you would like moral support or help? You are keeping up the facade of effortlessness, and then inside, secretly, you want them for not rushing to your help.

Ok, that was fun and scary, general readings are so hard! I am nervous about reading your own take now, mine could be so totally off! Sorry if I went over the top... :) I watched Tod Browning's "Freaks" a few days ago, I think the whole circus thing must come from there... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJVXTKkjsxA&feature=related

I LOVE the way you interpreted this reading. The circus theme is amazing, I love the way you described the images interacting with each other. Beautiful job!

Your interpretation makes so much sense, even though its so different from mine! There is actually three of us involved in this project and lately the other two have been focusing their attentions on other things, at times I feel like I'm the only one who is aware that we're not finished. There is still a lion to be tamed here and I could use some help! :)

Oh, and Freaks is GREAT! So bizarre!

le_charior

Il Meneghello decks are just so addictive! I just went to the website and fell in love with the Tarocco di Della Rocca. I'm enabling myself now as well!
I think I will have to go to their shop one day. One of my friends is getting married in Italy next year, that will be a good opportunity to make a little detour to Milan... :)
I LOVE the way you interpreted this reading. The circus theme is amazing, I love the way you described the images interacting with each other. Beautiful job!

Your interpretation makes so much sense, even though its so different from mine! There is actually three of us involved in this project and lately the other two have been focusing their attentions on other things, at times I feel like I'm the only one who is aware that we're not finished. There is still a lion to be tamed here and I could use some help! :)

Oh, and Freaks is GREAT! So bizarre!

Thanks *blush* you're so kind! Glad it made sense to you! Must have been the two beers I had with a friend at dinner that made my imagination run wild ;)

Now you go and tame that wicked old lion! We want to see that movie! ;) Look at Force, she can do it, and with ease, it's not as hard as you would think before starting!

le_charior

3 cards a day - Oct 2, 2011

Ok, here's my 3 cards from today. Will post my thoughts in the next post, so if anybody wants to give these three a go before reading what I think about them, I would be very happy!

Deck: Il Meneghello Tarocco di Bologna
Question: I was just thinking about my day ahead while shuffling and cutting the cards.
Music playing: Pink Floyd, Live at the Empire Pool, Wembley, London 1974 (on soundcloud)

XXI Le Monde - Valet de Bastons - X Roue de Fortune

6202990384_014d607cc8_z.jpg

What do you people think about these three?

le_charior

First thing I notice - the repetition of the oval "mandorla" shape of Le Monde in La Roue. There are figures around this shape, human and animal figures. The crowned figure on top has one wing, exactly like the figures on top of Le Monde.

The Valet is turning his back to Le Monde, looking at the figure on top of La Roue. His baton is standing on the ground, he is only holding it in balance, lightly.

While I am having a relaxed, easy time work wise right now, I should not forget that this is only a brief intermission. Right now I am on top of La Roue (the Valet seems to look at the figure on top as if it was himself) - but chance will change and I will have to fight to not go down. Financially this is very true, work wise also. So the cards say to me - enjoy your sunday (I will go to my little niece's birthday party later and see my family), but then get your stuff together and get back to work.

The oval shape… and in Le Monde there is a figure within. It has the brown dots flying around it that also fly around the Valet. For real fulfillment and completion I need to fully accept La Roue, chance, not fight it. If I can be the figure in the middle, fate, however way it is turning, will not bring me down. This feels nearly like a Zen thing to me. "This, too, shall pass." Accept it and you will find happiness, fulfilment and everything Le Monde stands for on a different level.

At first look I thought (as I think often) - I don't get these cards, they don't make sense. Then I looked longer, thought about them more, openend myself and slowly they made sense.

How is your reading process in general, do you look at the cards and WHAM! you know what it's about? Or is it slow and involves meditating about the cards for a longer time?

Flaxen

The World - Valet de Bastons - Roue de Fortune

I'm taking the Valet as the main player in this spread. He has his back turned to the world which suggests that a project has just been completed. The valet is looking ahead to his next challenge. This valet has lots of skills and an industrious nature - he's not afraid of hard work and finding an innovative solution to a problem. I love how he is looking at the wheel of fortune - it really feels like he wants to find a way to fix it. Is he thinking 'how can I engineer the situation so that I end up on top? I want to make sure I stay there.' It feels a bit like 'stop the wheel I want to get off!' Perhaps there is a sense of frustration of the different cycles that occurred in the project just completed - it might have been a time of highs and lows. It feels like he just wants the next one to be positive without all the dips. :)

le_charior

The World - Valet de Bastons - Roue de Fortune

I'm taking the Valet as the main player in this spread. He has his back turned to the world which suggests that a project has just been completed. The valet is looking ahead to his next challenge. This valet has lots of skills and an industrious nature - he's not afraid of hard work and finding an innovative solution to a problem. I love how he is looking at the wheel of fortune - it really feels like he wants to find a way to fix it. Is he thinking 'how can I engineer the situation so that I end up on top? I want to make sure I stay there.' It feels a bit like 'stop the wheel I want to get off!' Perhaps there is a sense of frustration of the different cycles that occurred in the project just completed - it might have been a time of highs and lows. It feels like he just wants the next one to be positive without all the dips. :)

Oh, that is beautiful, thanks! I can totally see it - he will throw his baton into the spokes of the wheel to stop it so he can stay on top :) (Not sure how this will end though... this damn wheel has been turning for quite some time now and a lot of people tried to stay on top ;))

And it is totally right, I am in between work cycles right now, the next "work" year will start soon for me and I should be preparing for it. Analyzing what went well with the last cycle and what can be better. Makes a lot of sense!

Flaxen

At first look I thought (as I think often) - I don't get these cards, they don't make sense. Then I looked longer, thought about them more, openend myself and slowly they made sense.

How is your reading process in general, do you look at the cards and WHAM! you know what it's about? Or is it slow and involves meditating about the cards for a longer time?

For me it depends on the cards I pull. There are some cards I find hard to interpret every time they show up. I experience both sudden 'Wham' and the slow, meditative style. If I don't get the 'Wham!', I let myself look at the cards and see what story comes up around it - it really helps me to imagine this in the 3rd person e.g. 'This person is looking at...She wants to...' Taking myself out of the equation seems to help.

moonbear

I can't post pictures yet but here's my three card draw for today.

As I shuffled my Grimaud (just the Majors) I asked where I was with my tarot learning. This is what I got:-

L'Amoureux VI Le Bateleur I Temperance XIIII

I tried to ignore everything I've learnt so far and just look at the pictures. Hard, because as soon as I saw The Lovers I instantly thought yes, choices, dilema!!

I would also like to know why the guy is barefoot and barelegged! Is this just about choices or has the unfortunate guy been caught having a quick fling with the blonde lady and now he has some explaining to do to the rather sad looking dark haired lady? Both The Magician and Temperance figures are large and imposing figures as if what they are saying is important. The Magician is looking apparantly right down to the poor trouserless guy and seems to have some sympathy with his dilema. And Temperance calmy carries on pouring her liquid from left to right, right to left, not spilling a single drop. I also notice that she wears a gown of three colours as if she is a combination of all three figures in the Lovers card,and her hair is the same colour as the woman with her hand on the guy's shoulder.

So before I ramble off the page I'll try to say what my take on this was.

The trouserless guy is me, caught between the choice of reading my cards using my books and definitions as I've been doing, or letting myself go and just looking at what the pictures are trying to tell me. I've never done this before so it's quite a choice. And a dilema. Le Bateleur is telling me that I can master the cards, that I have it in me to do this but temperance is telling me to combine both systems, carefully blending both.

And yet again, when I add up the sum of all three cards I get....the World. just like yesterday.

le_charior

FYI: Even if not a paying subscriber you can embed pictures using the IMG code. Upload the picture to any photo servide online, save the direct link to the graphic and put it between [ img ] and [ /img ] (without the spaces between the img and the brackets.) And there it is, the image!

6204870872_f63f0ce859_z.jpg

le_charior

I can't post pictures yet but here's my three card draw for today.

As I shuffled my Grimaud (just the Majors) I asked where I was with my tarot learning. This is what I got:-

L'Amoureux VI Le Bateleur I Temperance XIIII
Argh... I forgot not to read your text, but only the cards! And then I was so fascinated by your reading and kept thinking "Yes! Exactly!" that I couldn't bring myself to try a different interpretation. Next time, promised!

I tried to ignore everything I've learnt so far and just look at the pictures. Hard, because as soon as I saw The Lovers I instantly thought yes, choices, dilema!!

I would also like to know why the guy is barefoot and barelegged! Is this just about choices or has the unfortunate guy been caught having a quick fling with the blonde lady and now he has some explaining to do to the rather sad looking dark haired lady?
Great observations! I never noticed he had no pants on and was barefoot, and even if maybe that was just the fashion of the time, wearing minidresses for young guys, it is very telling that you see him "caught with his trousers down" I think! Love the idea that he had a little fling with the blonde girl and was caught in the act by the old lady, who is she, his old jealous mistress, his sugar mommy? :)
Both The Magician and Temperance figures are large and imposing figures as if what they are saying is important. The Magician is looking apparantly right down to the poor trouserless guy and seems to have some sympathy with his dilema. And Temperance calmy carries on pouring her liquid from left to right, right to left, not spilling a single drop. I also notice that she wears a gown of three colours as if she is a combination of all three figures in the Lovers card,and her hair is the same colour as the woman with her hand on the guy's shoulder.
Again, nicely observed! On top of her dress, did you see that the two cups of Temperance are one red, one blue? Again, like the two ladies' dresses in The Lover.

So before I ramble off the page I'll try to say what my take on this was.

The trouserless guy is me, caught between the choice of reading my cards using my books and definitions as I've been doing, or letting myself go and just looking at what the pictures are trying to tell me. I've never done this before so it's quite a choice. And a dilema. Le Bateleur is telling me that I can master the cards, that I have it in me to do this but temperance is telling me to combine both systems, carefully blending both.

And yet again, when I add up the sum of all three cards I get....the World. just like yesterday.

Wow, I think you really hit the nail on the head with this one! (I do not only agree with your reading very much, but also with the message you got - it's not an either - or decision, you can get the best of both worlds, visual/intuitive reading, but nourished, supported, helped by historical, iconographical, numerological or whatever else background.) Le Bateleur and Temperance both advising you in what seems a dilemma, they're beautifully parallel in their body language and their regards toward the Lover. Le Bateleur seems to confirm and support your decision to go out, share, show what you are learning, what you can do. He is performing - not studying all by himself, but he's going public like you are doing here on the Forum. And I think you really got Temperance nicely.

And how cool that you keep getting XXI as quintessential card! Such a strong, positive confirmation that you are on a good way to a new world, a new level.

Thanks for sharing this with us! You did really amazing! You really need not worry about being caught with your trousers down when it comes to Tarot! (I think I will never be able to look at The Lover again without thinking of his wicked love triangle and wondering what happened to his trousers! ;))