An Observation on the Tree of Life...

Satori

I found a very nice Tree of Live image on a website that has write-ups about various decks and I right clicked on it to save as my desktop wallpaper. Up until now I've been using the Golden Tarot images. Well, this is a Tree with all the cards laid on it, and the names of the numbered balls or worlds.

So I'm looking at the Tree all day, glancing at it, tapping the mouse to remove the screen save to get a look at the tree.

What do you know, I'm beginning to imagine it in a three-dimensional form and (!) hold onto your hat, multidimensional. It just does not seem right flat. Seems like there is more of it...somewhere....

And...I get the feeling if we could hear it, it would make a sound.

How crazy is that? I mean, it is just a learning tool, right? just a picture. So why do I think it is vibrating or something?

Agape

Reading your post made me smile and the hair on my arms stand on end elf.

Love

Agape

Manko

Hehe! :)

Could you give us a link to that one?!

/Manko

Satori

Manko I can't provide the link to the hairs standing on end on Agape ;) but this is the link to the artwork I mentioned.

Agape, mine weren't until you said yours were, standing on end that is.....and then they did. Sympathetic response?

edited to add:
scroll down until you see the Tree of Life.

celeste

The Tree of Life IS three-dimensional. Think of it as a strand of DNA (that is what its supposed to resemble according to my tarot teacher). Each sephirah has many other layers to it. So when there is a thought in the Ain Soph (Kether) it effects all the sephiroth in many ways, eventually bringing that thought into physical form (Malkuth). So in effect, we affect our onw destinys by how (and what)we think.

Fulgour

This is a great site ~ Thanks, Macavity!

:)

Agape

perhaps a mutual feeling of the tree activating elf.

Love

Agape

Satori

celeste said:
The Tree of Life IS three-dimensional. Think of it as a strand of DNA (that is what its supposed to resemble according to my tarot teacher). Each sephirah has many other layers to it. So when there is a thought in the Ain Soph (Kether) it effects all the sephiroth in many ways, eventually bringing that thought into physical form (Malkuth). So in effect, we affect our onw destinys by how (and what)we think.

Thanks Celeste...now you see just how new to this I am. But what is it? What is the Tree? If it is alive and the sephirah have many layers what is it?

Like, with DNA you know it's the building blocks for life as we know it.

If the tree is the building blocks for something, then what?
I looked at the other link by Macavity, and I'm not sure that is what I am ready for yet...but it seems to be saying the Tree is the building block for God.....! Or perhaps, Spirit?

Somehow everything I want to learn about Tarot seems huge and daunting....I know I sound a little whiney here, and I apologize. This is the pain associated with new learning. Just venting. You know, when you really want to be a Senior, but you just have to admit you are a Freshman? That is how I've been feeling ever since I came back to AT. And go figure, the deck I love is based on Kabbalah....so here I am. A Freshman.....again.

Agape

I think it was Bruce Lee who said that the only level of achievement we ever fully attain is that of student. We should perpetually be the neophyte learning from others, whatever the 'level' various people may or may not have.

Love

Agape