Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Dusserre Dodal - Tarot de Marseille

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Citizen

le pendu 

Perhaps you could put them in mermaid costumes and fake fangs? I hear that's all the rage.
Top   #41
sporadic magic

Debra 

Great idea! You crack me up. They'll love the fang enhancement, but I'd probably need to wear full battle uniform to get them into the mermaid tail costumes.
Top   #42
Citizen

whipsilk 
Wink

Assuming the seller will ship worldwide, I'll be bidding, er winning. I've been looking for a Dussere Dodal for some time (along with a Tarot de Paris). I love historical decks, and DO read with 'em, but for now only for myself and immediate family.

And both my Swiss 1JJ and my Soprafino indicate I'll win it, so why should anyone else even bother bidding? :-)
Top   #43
Citizen

Tesseljoan 

I paid what would be considered too much for mine, but I still believe it's worth every euro.

I'll just be watching with a bowl of popcorn in my lap this time.
Top   #44
Resident

kb2000 
dusserre dodal The Tarot de Marseille

Gosh - you are all making me nervous now. The deck will be listed without all this Hype, I'll concentrate on the cards and their condition. Yes, I did my research and yes I will be happy to make a few pounds shillings and pence if and when these sell or I could simply accept the offers I have had made and Spoil All the Fun. Good luck if you decide to bid.
Top   #45
Citizen

thinbuddha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2000
or I could simply accept the offers I have had made and Spoil All the Fun. Good luck if you decide to bid.
Oh- now you're yanking our collective chain. But seriously- I haven't offered you anything because I figured I'd wait for the ebay madness. Skipping ebay would crush us! You don't want to crush us, do you?
Top   #46
Citizen

Abrac 

In case anyone is interested, there are scans of the Dodal majors here. But I'm not sure if these are the originals or the Dusserre. Maybe someone else will know.
Top   #47
fourhares

jmd 

The images are of both the restoration by Jean-Claude Flornoy and of the BN versions. The BN version is of course the one that was used by Dusserre for its print-run.

As far as I'm aware, the images Flornoy obtained from the BN are the same photos as that used by Dusserre, hence are as correct (save for the border-cuttings) as the Dusserre version. I would be surprised if the BN had photographed the deck twice: once for Dusserre and another time for Flornoy.

Looking through the deck, then appear to me identical.
Top   #48
Citizen

whipsilk 

It's up (might as well let everyone know) and WOW, kb2000 -- over 2600 feedback items and 100% positive! That's VERY impressive. I didn't even think that was possible with all the ebay scammishness running rampant.

Even if I don't get it (oh, yes, I've already bid), I hope you find other decks, kb -- I'd bid in a second. I hope you do very well on this one.
Top   #49
Citizen

le pendu 

Thanks Whipsilk! I appreciate that you shared that with us.

Here is the link, I will remove it when the auction is over:

Good luck to everyone who bids, good luck to kb2000.
Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.