Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

A Request: Original Ordering of the Hebrew Letters.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Kabbalah & Alphabets

Citizen

kwaw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne
You are a Prince Kwaw! I have never heard of the connection between Flys and Jupiter. Only a Venus Fly Trap lol. I do not have a digital camera, but I will try and find someone who does and take a photo of the cube. I wonder if anyone else has seen such a wonderous symbolic cube? The animals/insects are so finely crafted, I guess it would have been expensive to have made or bought. I was wondering if I should take it to an auction house for assessment. It has become a 'beside the point' since it set me on my search into the subject of the Letters/Paths/elements and planets.~Rosanne
JMD is I think interested in the history of freemasonry, if it is indeed masonic, maybe JMD will know something about it? And yes I would love to see a picture (s) of it

Kwaw
Top   #11
fourhares

jmd 

I'd really like to see a picture as well.

I have seen a variety of variously called Masonic cubes and Masonic 'balls' (that open out as though a cube, each with engraved pyramidal faces).

The cube would first and foremost be related to the perfect ashlar, but am curious indeed as to the provenance of the cube you have - which may have formed part of a degree I am not familiar with, or have overlooked when reading through various grades.

I agree with kwaw's comments about the ordering of the Hebrew double letters being taken by Christine Payne-Towler as too strongly fixed as though earliest. Personally, I suspect that early planetary correlations would have followed the Ptolema´c order as simply the dominant version at in the likely time of the development (irrespective as to which likely dating is preferred) of the Sefer Yetzirah.
Top   #12
fourhares

jmd 

[PS - I forgot to add an image to the Masonic Ball I mention, in case you are unfamiliar with it: here's a great presentation on the Phoenix Masonry site]
Top   #13
Citizen

Rosanne 

Thanks jmd, for the link. Maybe it is not masonic at all, but a planet aid to memory? It is beautiful anyway and I will try to get a photo. I have explained it all in the thread 'Can't see the wood for the Trees' in Kabalah forum. ~Rosanne
Top   #14

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.