Tarot of Musterberg

martykens

Hi AT! This is my first new thread! Please excuse me if this a double post and this deck has been mentioned before.
(Also mods-please let me know if I'm sharing this in the right place, if this link is ok, etc.)
Has anyone heard of this deck? I stumbled across it while browsing Marseille decks on Pinterest.
It's a whimsical TdM Style deck (but with some RWS flourishes) from Austria limited to just 500 copies.
I love the simple color palate, and the modern take on the traditional tarot characters, and the creamy, off-white backgrounds. (Can you tell I'm excited?)
I sort of purchased this on a whim and was curious if any of you own this deck or have heard of it.
This link is for directly buying the deck, and only has a few images, but a proper Google search will show you a lot more.

https://www.curioandco.com/products/tarot-of-musterberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefeet

I have it and love it! The card stock is one of the loveliest and most luxurious - I've never seen any other tarot decks printed on acid free neutral paper, which is usually reserved for the production of high-end/collectible books (Easton Press, Folio Society etc.) According to the creators, "Musterberg" is fictional town from a comic series, I did not read the books but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the artwork. It also comes with a meaty LWB talking about both gaming and divination rules. Overall I highly recommend it!

For those who are interested, the World of Playing Cards has a short review on the deck:
http://www.wopc.co.uk/tarot/tarot-of-musterberg

martykens

I have it and love it! The card stock is one of the loveliest and most luxurious - I've never seen any other tarot decks printed on acid free neutral paper, which is usually reserved for the production of high-end/collectible books (Easton Press, Folio Society etc.) According to the creators, "Musterberg" is fictional town from a comic series, I did not read the books but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the artwork. It also comes with a meaty LWB talking about both gaming and divination rules. Overall I highly recommend it!

For those who are interested, the World of Playing Cards has a short review on the deck:

http://www.wopc.co.uk/tarot/tarot-of-musterberg

Thanks for your input Bluefeet! The card stock sounds heavenly. How recently did you purchase your deck? The social media pages for Curio & Co. haven't been updated since December....

Bluefeet

Thanks for your input Bluefeet! The card stock sounds heavenly. How recently did you purchase your deck? The social media pages for Curio & Co. haven't been updated since December....

I got mine from Curio & Co. when it first came out in late 2015, shipping did take a while from Austria as I recall, but everything eventually arrived safe and sound. Card stock aside, I also adore the extra Siren card, never seen anything like that in other decks - just an all around special production. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

mrpants

This is a great find!

martykens

I got mine from Curio & Co. when it first came out in late 2015, shipping did take a while from Austria as I recall, but everything eventually arrived safe and sound. Card stock aside, I also adore the extra Siren card, never seen anything like that in other decks - just an all around special production. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

I really like the Siren card too!
Thanks for the extra info on shipping etc; it was a bit pricey to have it sent to the US but I'm looking foreword to seeing it in person [emoji4]

Metafizzypop

I love the word prognosticator.

Shade

That's an attractive deck and I love the Marseille-esque approach to the coloring.

Spectre Made Flesh

Looks fantastic. As well as the extra 'Siren' card, it's interesting to see that the Devil is named 'The Creature' instead - is there a specific reason for this, or is it just a quirky thing?

EmpyreanKnight

That's the cutest, most benign-looking Devil I ever did see.