Horary Readings

Minderwiz

Fudugazi said:
It's a central application procedure, and I put down 3-4 possible institutions, who then choose to interview me or not. My application will be going out this week-end. It's fairly late for a September start, but there are still vacancies in my chosen subject. What I want to know is if I'll get a place, and in a good institution.

Thanks for the info. At the moment the Moon is void of course, so I'm going to wait till tomorrow. I think strictly speaking I'm cheating, but the alternative is a reading that says nothing will come of the applications.

Of course I may still get the same result tomorrow, even when the Moon is no longer VOC but hopefully we have a chance of a positive result.

Sophie

Thank you :). I never do any kind of astrological, divination or magical work during a void of course - so I thoroughly approve!

sapienza

Hi Minderwiz, this thread has been really interesting. I appreciate all the time and effort you are putting in to sharing your knowlege, it is a great help. If you end up doing any more readings I have a question, but I'll wait and see what your plans are first. You are probably ready for a well deserved break after all this work. :)

Minderwiz

Reading for Fudagazi

The VOC Moon has passed and so I can now do a reading.

The chart is attached and it's another Libra rising chart. In this case the course is a University one and the deciding body is the University, so that is a ninth House issue. That gives me an immediate problem. The ninth is ruled by Venus (Taurus on the cusp) so Venus rules both the querent and quesited. So I need an alternative significator. I could use the Moon for one of them (probably best for the University, as the Moon is exalted in Taurus) but the Moon is peregrine and weak in essential dignity

There are no planets in the first House, so I could look at the almuten of the Ascendant - that is equally shared between Saturn and Venus. The almuten of the Ninth is Venus and Venus is in the ninth, albeit in Gemini.

So I think I have to use Venus for the course/University and either Saturn or the Moon for Fudagazi. Saturn is in Virgo and whilst it does have mutual reception with Mercury, through triplicity, it's retrograde and in the twelfth. Not a good choice either way. The Moon is conjunct the star, Fomalhaut, which has a traditional meaning of 'Success through ideals'. Which gives it a mild boost. The Moon is in the exaltation of Venus and the triplicity of Venus - so there's a clear indication of your desire for the University. You really want the course. That seems a good descriptor of you.

I would get a similar desire if I took Saturn as the significator. Saturn is in Virgo the rulership and exaltation of Mercury, and Virgo is not only intercepted in the ninth but also contains Venus, the house ruler and significator of the University. Both planets have a claim to be your significator. Before making a choice, I'll have a look at Venus as the significator of the University. Venus is full of essential dignity, through it's mutual receptions with Mercury, by rulership and is in it's own terms. Interestingly it has mutual reception with Saturn through Triplicity. So the University does want you, (assuming you're Saturn) but not as much as you want the University. There is no reception between Venus is not in any of the dignities of the Moon, so if the Moon is taken as your significator the University's desire for you is greatly reduced.

Given the strength of Venus, the University will meet your criteria So you want the University and its course, it meets your needs and there is a good chance that the University would want you. The issue is can you apply in time for acceptance in September.

If I use Saturn, there are clear problems. Saturn is in the 29th degree of Virgo, now that may or may not be unfortunate but it is definitely late. Saturn is in an applying opposition to Jupiter, the sixth House ruler and it's retrograde. There's no aspect between Saturn and Venus, nor will any other planet facilitate the meeting. So my guess is that whilst they will like your application it will be an acceptance for the following year at best, or requirement for you to re-apply.

Using the Moon as your significator, it's in an early degree of Pisces, so that's promising. It's on the point of sextiling Mercury, which as we've seen has dignity in the ninth and rules Venus. However instead of moving towards
Venus is moving away, as it's retrograde. With the Moon as your significator you might be in time with your application but not for the site you want - it might have to be a college that franchises the course and is not where you want to be (or at least doesn't really measure up to the criteria).

I think the choice between significators indicates a choice between actions. You may get a place where you want but have to wait, or you can get a place in the time frame but not where you want it.

Attachments

• Fudagazi Horary.jpg
    Fudagazi Horary.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 64

doormousey

Hi Minderwiz,

I love Horary Astrology, but unfortunately I know not a whole lot about it. However, I do find astrology ends up cutting to the heart of the matter pretty quickly!

I was wondering if it is a good time for me to start a romantic relationship? There is one guy I have in mind, L, yet I think I might have sabotaged my chances with that one as I was a bit harsh with him. So let's just do a general will I find a stable, marital-minded partner soon and is it a good time for me to be looking for such a thing?

Thank you and let me know if you need more information.

Best wishes,
D.

Sophie

Minderwiz said:
The VOC Moon has passed and so I can now do a reading.

The chart is attached and it's another Libra rising chart. In this case the course is a University one and the deciding body is the University, so that is a ninth House issue. That gives me an immediate problem. The ninth is ruled by Venus (Taurus on the cusp) so Venus rules both the querent and quesited. So I need an alternative significator. I could use the Moon for one of them (probably best for the University, as the Moon is exalted in Taurus) but the Moon is peregrine and weak in essential dignity

There are no planets in the first House, so I could look at the almuten of the Ascendant - that is equally shared between Saturn and Venus. The almuten of the Ninth is Venus and Venus is in the ninth, albeit in Gemini.

So I think I have to use Venus for the course/University and either Saturn or the Moon for Fudagazi. Saturn is in Virgo and whilst it does have mutual reception with Mercury, through triplicity, it's retrograde and in the twelfth. Not a good choice either way. The Moon is conjunct the star, Fomalhaut, which has a traditional meaning of 'Success through ideals'. Which gives it a mild boost. The Moon is in the exaltation of Venus and the triplicity of Venus - so there's a clear indication of your desire for the University. You really want the course. That seems a good descriptor of you.

I would get a similar desire if I took Saturn as the significator. Saturn is in Virgo the rulership and exaltation of Mercury, and Virgo is not only intercepted in the ninth but also contains Venus, the house ruler and significator of the University. Both planets have a claim to be your significator. Before making a choice, I'll have a look at Venus as the significator of the University. Venus is full of essential dignity, through it's mutual receptions with Mercury, by rulership and is in it's own terms. Interestingly it has mutual reception with Saturn through Triplicity. So the University does want you, (assuming you're Saturn) but not as much as you want the University. There is no reception between Venus is not in any of the dignities of the Moon, so if the Moon is taken as your significator the University's desire for you is greatly reduced.

Given the strength of Venus, the University will meet your criteria So you want the University and its course, it meets your needs and there is a good chance that the University would want you. The issue is can you apply in time for acceptance in September.

If I use Saturn, there are clear problems. Saturn is in the 29th degree of Virgo, now that may or may not be unfortunate but it is definitely late. Saturn is in an applying opposition to Jupiter, the sixth House ruler and it's retrograde. There's no aspect between Saturn and Venus, nor will any other planet facilitate the meeting. So my guess is that whilst they will like your application it will be an acceptance for the following year at best, or requirement for you to re-apply.

Using the Moon as your significator, it's in an early degree of Pisces, so that's promising. It's on the point of sextiling Mercury, which as we've seen has dignity in the ninth and rules Venus. However instead of moving towards
Venus is moving away, as it's retrograde. With the Moon as your significator you might be in time with your application but not for the site you want - it might have to be a college that franchises the course and is not where you want to be (or at least doesn't really measure up to the criteria).

I think the choice between significators indicates a choice between actions. You may get a place where you want but have to wait, or you can get a place in the time frame but not where you want it.
Thank you, Minderwiz!
The way the application procedure works is, I apply to a central organisation and put down X number of universities (4 being usual) as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice. What I can see from here is that the university that is my first choice of university might offer me a place for 2011, while another on my list might offer me a place this year. It is late, I realise that. I haven't yet decided which should be my first choice anyway! Two that were originally my first choices recently ran out of vacancies for this year, so I'll not even put them on my application. Do you think your reading reflected that or is it only for those I will put on my application?

Minderwiz

Yes, not getting your first (or even one of your top 3) seems a good description of the situation, with an offer coming from one of the remaining ones, or even that you have to search for a place in September.

On your last point it depends when you found out the places were full. If that was after you asked the question and I understood it (after last Wednesday) I'd agree that those Universties were included. If you already knew they were out, either before asking the question or before our exchange of info was completed, then I'd say it relates to the four that you will list on your application.

Sophie

OK, thanks :)

I'll let you know!

Nytebugg

I think I posted my question a few pages back. Obviously I am in no hurry. I can rephrase or do a different question if need be.
of course you might be taking a needed break from these as well. :)

margi

Hi Minderwiz!!

I would love a horary reading...just read in another thread you're taking sitters again, and to post in this thread.
My question would be about my family/finances for the rest of the year. My chart is posted in the thread above.
Thank You so much!!!
~margi