Time frames for "final outcomes"

Adriana

I couldn't find a similar tread right now, but when you do a spread that involves a final outcome card, then what is really meant by it? If you ask final outcome for a relationship and you get a card indicating marriage, what if the couple divorces even further in to the future. And if you get a card that suggest that they will break up ( because technically all relationships will end either because they break up, or one/both dies..) they could still marry and have children before that. Does the position mean like the final ending to the question, or is it more temporary? Do you have any experience about the time frame of that position? For me the "near future" usually happens within a few weeks. I'm considering not using the final outcome position because it confuses me, but for some question I don't know how else to get the answer..

Another question.. Is it possible that in some cases we aren't "supposed" to know about some future event, so the cards don't really give you an answer, or even the wrong one? Maybe because knowing the future would make us act in a way that aren't beneficial?

Soaring Eagle

I use some spreads that have a final outcome or where it will lead card, and to me this card represents the end of the question.

ie. the sitter asks "What will happen for me in x amount of time (1 week, 1 month, etc)?"
I do the reading, and consider this card as a summary. I'm not really sure how to explain this well.

In your case, with a question such as "Where will our relationship lead?" I would do a reading, and use this card by saying "This is signifying _________." So, for example if this card were card XX Sun (Vision Quest deck) I would say that it looks as if the relationship is in good standing (if the other cards also supported this), or if it were XVI Chaos I might say that there will be potential problems that they will have to work on. It really depends on the other cards in the spread, and is really hard to explain in a general consensus, for me.

It's easier for me to consider this card as a "summary" card.

rwcarter

Let's say we're talking about a relationship between John and Suzy. The relationship starts at A and through various twists and turns ends at Z. When you're doing a reading on their relationship, the final outcome of the reading could be pointing to C, R, X, Z or any other point in that continuum. How you phrase your question can help narrow down what time frame the final outcome is discussing. If you ask, "What's going to happen with John and Suzy's relationship?" then you have less of a clear indication as to which point along the timeline the card that falls in that position addresses. But if you ask, "What's going to happen with John and Suzy's relationship in the next six months?", then you have a better idea that the final outcome covers a 6 month period.

As to your second question, it depends on how you view the information that the tarot gives you. If you see the information as being set in stone (no matter what the Querent does, what's shown in the cards will always happen), then yes, sometimes folks shouldn't know what's going to happen. I believe that the tarot shows what will happen if things continue to move in the direction that they're currently going. So if the tarot shows an outcome that the Querent doesn't want to happen, I believe that the Querent can make changes to ensure that outcome never occurs. For me, it's the difference between predictions and guidance.

Does that help?

Rodney

Soaring Eagle

Let's say we're talking about a relationship between John and Suzy. The relationship starts at A and through various twists and turns ends at Z. When you're doing a reading on their relationship, the final outcome of the reading could be pointing to C, R, X, Z or any other point in that continuum. How you phrase your question can help narrow down what time frame the final outcome is discussing. If you ask, "What's going to happen with John and Suzy's relationship?" then you have less of a clear indication as to which point along the timeline the card that falls in that position addresses. But if you ask, "What's going to happen with John and Suzy's relationship in the next six months?", then you have a better idea that the final outcome covers a 6 month period.

As to your second question, it depends on how you view the information that the tarot gives you. If you see the information as being set in stone (no matter what the Querent does, what's shown in the cards will always happen), then yes, sometimes folks shouldn't know what's going to happen. I believe that the tarot shows what will happen if things continue to move in the direction that they're currently going. So if the tarot shows an outcome that the Querent doesn't want to happen, I believe that the Querent can make changes to ensure that outcome never occurs. For me, it's the difference between predictions and guidance.

Does that help?

Rodney

Thank you, I knew I didn't explain it the way I wanted to. Guess my brain is just a little dusty today.

Adriana

Thanks both of of you for your answers :)
It makes sense that when the question has been very open, the answer could be very open as well. As you say rwcarter, I agree with what you say I think, that the final outcome could be about event C, X or Z in the continuum, and that if the final outcome is about event C, then the other cards in the spread would shed light on that particular outcome, not outcome Z. I'm tired now, so not sure what I write makes sense lol

I guess I have started to think that sometimes the cards wont tell you about some future event when you're not supposed to know, but if they do tell then you are able to handle it. And I was thinking about that when I read the predicting death thread, too.