whats the best spread

louiseb

i know this may sound stupid but when you do a reading on this forum for someone else as an exchange what spread is used normaly, a five card spread? the one question and this is maybe the cream of stupidity is whilst you are selecting the cards i presume you are thinking of the person and the question, but wouldnt the cards pick up on our feelings and not the enquirer. sorry it may seem stupid to ask but i really need some one to answer for me please. Any advice please.

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, louiseb!

Not stupid questions at all! If it's a structured Exchange (RED, COS, DEC, etc.), there's usually a predetermined spread that's used. If you are the one posting the exchange, you can choose whatever spread of however many cards you like. If you're responding to someone else's exchange, if they haven't specified a spread they'd like done for their exchange reading, I think a good rule of thumb would be a spread of as many cards as they used for the reading they did for you.

When I read for others (I don't often read face to face), I always think of the Querent's question while I'm shuffling the cards. I've not had any problems with the deck picking up on my feelings (basically answering my question) instead of the Querent's.

HTH,
Rodney