People That Affect Me Spread (Court Cards Only)

lexxie428

________1_________
_____2_____3______
________4_________
________5_________
________6_________

1. Who is guiding me
2. Who is a positive influence
3. Who is a negative influence
4. Who will help me
5. Who should I hold onto
6. Who should I let go

I made this up for my friend who wanted to practice using her court cards more. I'm sure there are spreads like this but I thought I would share this anyway. Tell me what you think about it, please?

Chiriku

It's an interesting idea/spread, although if I use it, I plan to cut it down to four cards, because I like the idea of using one quarter of the sixteen court cards. I also feel that the less available "spaces," the more significance will attach to the ones that do show up in the reading.

Also, the way the positions are now, the same person could potentially answer, say, Questions #1, 3 and 6 (or any other number of combinations), because none of the positions are mutually exclusive. I think each position needs to be as exclusive as possible, in order to offer the clearest message to the seeker.

I might do something like:

1- Person in the present with characteristics I should try to emulate
2- Person with present characteristics I should try to avoid
3- Person from the past who still affects XYZ stituation/me
4- Person in the future I should look out for, to learn/experience XYZ with...

Or, you could do your own spread as written only do it in pairs of questions/positions, with re-shuffling in between. So, pull 2 cards for questions 1 and 2, then take those cards and put them back with the other 14 and reshuffle all 16 and then pull two cards for questions 3 and 4, then reshuffle again, etc...

This way, you give every card an opportunity to answer the potentially overlapping questions, without taking any court cards out of the running.

Thanks for sharing.

Espirito

It's an interesting idea/spread, although if I use it, I plan to cut it down to four cards, because I like the idea of using one quarter of the sixteen court cards. I also feel that the less available "spaces," the more significance will attach to the ones that do show up in the reading.

Also, the way the positions are now, the same person could potentially answer, say, Questions #1, 3 and 6 (or any other number of combinations), because none of the positions are mutually exclusive. I think each position needs to be as exclusive as possible, in order to offer the clearest message to the seeker.

I might do something like:

1- Person in the present with characteristics I should try to emulate
2- Person with present characteristics I should try to avoid
3- Person from the past who still affects XYZ stituation/me
4- Person in the future I should look out for, to learn/experience XYZ with...

Or, you could do your own spread as written only do it in pairs of questions/positions, with re-shuffling in between. So, pull 2 cards for questions 1 and 2, then take those cards and put them back with the other 14 and reshuffle all 16 and then pull two cards for questions 3 and 4, then reshuffle again, etc...

This way, you give every card an opportunity to answer the potentially overlapping questions, without taking any court cards out of the running.

Thanks for sharing.

I will put in my blog with your credits, thanks for sharing this :D

Espirito

Let me add other version:

- You can use the court cards or all the cards.
- Only 1 card for each subject

A person with these characteristics that I should try to be:
1) LOVE
2) MONEY
3) SOCIAL

A person with these characteristics that I should try to avoid being:
4) LOVE
5) MONEY
6) SOCIAL

Example:
1) Page of cups ( I should try to be more romantic, and let the feelings come to me )
2) King of pentacles ( I should try to be more selfish with my money, spent in things that i really want )
3) Page of pentacles ( I should try to start new things, give my things more, try to put my ideas into the my social network )

4) Queen of cups ( I should avoid my feminist side )
5) Page of swords ( I should avoid being the combative guy )
6) King of wands ( I should avoid being the emperor on social life, like taking the things by strength )

It's a quick example.

Chiriku

Glad you found it of use, Espirito. I like your ideas as well, and think the clear subject-matter positions could be of great interest when contrasted with some of the potential court cards you could get there (like Page of Pents in the Love position).

lexxie428

Yeah those ways still have the general idea. Again I made it up on the spot. But I think it's important for us to pay attention to how the people around us are affecting our lives.