5 of swords

mikey23

does 5 of swords combine well with 2 of cups is it struggle with optimism which follows afterwards i am rather intimidated by this card as featthers may ruffle can somone define the combo meaning of the cards please

rwcarter

All card interpretations are situational. Individual cards and card combinations never always mean the same thing. And spread positions can also change the interpretation of cards.

Interpretations that immediately come to mind would be:
- someone trying to take control (5S) in a new relationship (2C)
- someone who is overpowering (5S) in a relationship (2C)
- using an unfair advantage (5S) to win a relationship (2C)

Rodney

Laurelle

I agree with Rodney and would have written something similar. I do not think it bodes well with the 2 of Cups. It indicates that someone may be trying to play a game in love and when you are trying to play a game with love, no one ever wins.

Also both cards are in Venus. 2 of Cups is Venus in Cancer and 5 of Swords is Venus in Aquarius.

Empress26

The simplest way that I read the two cards is that someone feels defeated by love. Perhaps they were deeply hurt by a relationship with someone they thought were "the one". This person probably generally has a negative, defensive view on romantic relationships.

mikey23

feedback

The simplest way that I read the two cards is that someone feels defeated by love. Perhaps they were deeply hurt by a relationship with someone they thought were "the one". This person probably generally has a negative, defensive view on romantic relationships.

yes i agree as i have been turbulent relationship that i sometimes left with a narrow point yes i agree whole heartedly..thankls for the answer mikey23

mikey23

feedback

All card interpretations are situational. Individual cards and card combinations never always mean the same thing. And spread positions can also change the interpretation of cards.

Interpretations that immediately come to mind would be:
- someone trying to take control (5S) in a new relationship (2C)
- someone who is overpowering (5S) in a relationship (2C)
- using an unfair advantage (5S) to win a relationship (2C)

Rodney

yes i have had in mind that someone who is using unfair means to gain a womens affection yes this a good answer ..i did a same spread in somebody else's circumstances and it turned oput he was using in appropriate means thanks for the feedback thanks mike

mikey23

I agree with Rodney and would have written something similar. I do not think it bodes well with the 2 of Cups. It indicates that someone may be trying to play a game in love and when you are trying to play a game with love, no one ever wins.

Also both cards are in Venus. 2 of Cups is Venus in Cancer and 5 of Swords is Venus in Aquarius.

lets say if 5 of swords and 2 of cups follows something like 3 of pentacles would something sound positive then in an upbeat rather thena down beat this is a discussion not a card reading cool mikey23

gregory

Can't really answer a question like that just cold. Context and question would be important to me.