Black Cat Tarot

Stormdancer

This is great! But does she want her info posted in a public forum? Did you ask her?

WolfSpirit

This looks like a really nice deck, I am glad the artist managed to publish.
I will wait with ordering until I can do so through the website though, and hope she will ship internationally. Sending a check from Europe does not seem like a good idea to me...

gregory

She will ship internationally, and should take paypal shortly (I emailed :))

WolfSpirit

Thanks for that gregory :)
Looking forward to it...

MoonGypsy

Thanks so much for the info, gregory! Two of our cat children [brothers] are black. i didn't even realize this deck was available! Wow i am really looking forward this one! :thumbsup:

Metafizzypop

I always liked the art on the original poster. Great news that she published the deck. The price is reasonable too, considering especially what you get. I just wish the site showed more of the cards.

bjmeacham

This is great! But does she want her info posted in a public forum? Did you ask her?

Yes I did

ETA: I am probably not the best guess of the quality of a deck but when I get it I will post my impressions.

Sulis

Moderator note

I've removed the deck creator's email address and also her physical address from the thread. It's possible to contact her through her website where her contact info is posted and she also has a contact form there so I think a website link really is enough...
You can't be too careful with security on the internet.

Sulis - Tarot Decks co-moderator

GryffinSong

I just got back from a trip to the lovely email from her announcing her deck is ready. I've sent a reply asking if her minors are pips or fully illustrated. I can't tell from the few pictures posted, except that one of the cards looks like bowls of milk as (I think) the eight of cups, which might imply pips. I'm inclined to order, but I'm going to wait and see if I can find out about the minors. I have a few pips-only decks, but am not sure I can justify another one since I tend not to read with them.

ETA: Just re-read this whole thread and see that they're unillustrated pips. Bummer, but I might buy the deck anyway. I'll wait to see what people think about it in person.

bjmeacham

First Impressions

I would love to hear from anyone who has received this deck, I love the looks of it and it sounds great, but would like to get an opinion on quality of the images and cardstock

I received the cards yesterday, but just now had time to post my opinion.

First thing I will say is that I wanted to be impressed, but was not, by the card stock. It is pretty thin and flimsy. The front sides of the cards are glossy, the back sides are matte and feel like they have no finish on them. As far as the images go, I think they are bright and sharp, and it is easy to see the details. The backs are reversible. I like the size of the cards, not too big or small, but then again I don't have small hands. This is just my view, and I am far from an expert. All that being said, I am glad I purchased them because of the theme and quality of the art.

I scanned some random cards including the back.

Attachments

• Black Cat Tarot Scans1.jpg
    Black Cat Tarot Scans1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Black Cat Tarot Scans2.jpg
    Black Cat Tarot Scans2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Black Cat Tarot Scans3.jpg
    Black Cat Tarot Scans3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 104