Steampunk Decks

Signet

I got the Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore with illustrations by Aly Fell (Llewellyn) a while ago, and yesterday I purchased Steampunk Tarot: Wisdom from the Gods of the Machine by John Matthews and Caitlin Matthews, and illustrated by Wil Kinghan (Tuttle Publishing). I was wondering what other people's opinions were if anyone has seen or compared the two? The second deck is a little larger in dimensions and the deck is thicker; the names of the major arcana and suits have been changed but correspond to RWS decks. I haven't looked at it too closely yet so I'm still undecided as to how much I like it.

FallynRaiyn

i don't have the deck but i printed out pictures from it while it was still under production. I for one love what i saw. but like i said, i don't have the deck. It's on my wish list.

Glass Owl

I too have the Fell/Moore Steampunk and I finally decided to treat myself to the Kingham/Matthews Steampunk and it should be arriving soon. A lot of decks that are on my wish list aren't out yet and so after much debate, I decided to throw it in my amazon cart.

The card titles changes concerned me a bit, which is why I debated buying it - that and the fact that I have two other Steampunk decks. But each one does have its own take on things and the art is different. And after looking at more scans of the cards, I feel as though the Kingham/Matthews Steampunk may read a bit more like an oracle deck or one that could be read intuitively so the titles changes may actually free up the imagination more.

I also have curly cue Steampunk. The art on this deck is so amazing and has so many layers. The cards are too large to shuffle but that is okay because I like putting out the cards and admiring them. So what I do it use the Fell/Moore Steampunk and then pull out the same card from the curly one and use them together.

Once the Kingham/Matthews Steampunk arrives I'll probably do some exercises with all three decks. As part of a contest by Barbara Moore, I created The Victorian Clockworks Spread (6) and I may give that one a whirl.

I know that this may seem odd, but I think I may end up naming my Steampunk decks. I know that people name their cars, so why not their decks? I will have to think of some steampunky names...