Vision Quest... Yay or Nay??

Miss Divine

The harshest cards are the Tower and Devil. The Tower is called Chaos and shows a horse flailing frantically in a burning forest. The Devil is called Torment and features a person tied to a post outside, to suffer in the burning sun or to be tortured.

The "book" is an extremely thick and thorough LWB. To my knowledge this deck has never been a deck-book set with a separate volume in English.

Good! I think I may press the buy button afterall. :)

Thank you!

Miss Divine

Why, whatever do you mean? :)

By all means, take it as a compliment...
And the reason I thought that was because you seem to prefer decks to really sink your teeth into. Afterall, you did do the ODW with the Thoth deck. Just thinking about studying that deck exhausts me. :laugh:

Serenia

The "book" is an extremely thick and thorough LWB. To my knowledge this deck has never been a deck-book set with a separate volume in English.

The German version of the deck does come with a book instead of a LWB. I have no idea whether or not the book contains the same information as the LWB, as I don't have the English version to compare with. Maybe someone who knows both versions can say something about this.

You can see the book here, for example.

I'd say the deck is still worth getting, even without the book. I'm just mentioning the book for the sake of completeness - this should not stop you from buying the deck if you like the card images. Since the LWB in the English version seems to be quite thorough, all the better. :)

Lee

The English version (at least the one I bought over ten years ago) has a LWB which is the size of the deck, but it's very thick, much thicker than the usual LWB. I would guess that it has the same text as the German one, but that's just a guess.

WhiteWolfy

The English version (at least the one I bought over ten years ago) has a LWB which is the size of the deck, but it's very thick, much thicker than the usual LWB. I would guess that it has the same text as the German one, but that's just a guess.

Yes the english version is the same, you get a nice thick LWB with this deck (i bought the Vision Quest only a few months ago).

Miss Divine

Yes the english version is the same, you get a nice thick LWB with this deck (i bought the Vision Quest only a few months ago).

A nice thick LWB is a nice addition, so YAY! How do you like your deck? Do you use it too besides just admiring the images?

BlueDragonfly

I'll give it a buy it vote. I've been working with it for the last couple weeks doing daily draws. I think it reads very well intuitively.

The LWB states, "This Tarot does not purport to embody the teachings of the Red Way. Nevertheless, it helps us view the events and changes in our lives from a fresh and more profoundly insightful angle."

WhiteWolfy

Yes i really like the deck, both visually and reading with it. I like the Native American theme of the deck and the colours are gorgeous and Aeric really gave a great description of it.

Yah from me :)

Miss Divine

Well I just pressed ''buy'' and ordered the deck. :D I will soon see for myself if it's for me or not.
Actually, I think it will pair up well with my Earth Magic oracle. Lately I always use an oracle alongside tarot, adds so much more to my readings.

Thanks for all your help guys.. Always appreciated! :heart: