GT more than one child

Rayo

In a grand tableau, if the querent asks about a son/daughter, I'll look for the child card. But what happens if the querent has more than one child and asks about both. Are there other cards that could be used to signify more children?

I assume that if the querent asks if they'll have any more children, I could look at the stork card. Is that correct?

dancing_moon

The way I see it, if the GT is done for the parent, the Child card would stand for all the children they have as a whole. If they want to know something about each of their children separately, I'd assume it would require a separate GT for each one.

Will be interested to hear the opinions of more experienced readers. :)

andybc

The Child will represent the querent's children in general; cards between the Child and Lilies will tell you about any issues within the family concerning the children. When the querent has more than one child, it's not uncommon for the horizontal line to show one, the vertical another et cetera. A lot depends on whether anything is happening with all the children at the time.

A prediction of pregnancy is made when you see the Child and Birds together. The Storks will tell you about an impending change to do with a child, which can be an impending birth, but that is always already known about rather than someone falling pregnant.

Village Witch

The Child will represent the querent's children in general; cards between the Child and Lilies will tell you about any issues within the family concerning the children. When the querent has more than one child, it's not uncommon for the horizontal line to show one, the vertical another et cetera. A lot depends on whether anything is happening with all the children at the time.

Thank you for this post! I have two children, one that shows up in GT readings all the time due to a very eventful life. I often wonder if I am missing something going on with my other child. I will take a closer look next time I do a GT reading.

Rayo

Very interesting! I didn't know the child card could mean the children in general.
And the horizontal and vertical lines representing different kids, that's quite impressive!

Thanks for clarifying the nuance of the stork card meaning. Unfortunately, I still have some trouble with this card. (though not as much as the key!)

SunChariot

In a grand tableau, if the querent asks about a son/daughter, I'll look for the child card. But what happens if the querent has more than one child and asks about both. Are there other cards that could be used to signify more children?

I assume that if the querent asks if they'll have any more children, I could look at the stork card. Is that correct?

Normally, I would say that Child ought to mean both.

But, if you wanted to talk about each separately, I would ask something about their personalities. Since each child is different inside. Eg if they say, just for example, one is very loving and one loves to read books. I might choose Heart for the first child and Book for the second, instead of Child. Just activate each of those cards to mean each child just for that reading.

Babs

Village Witch

Normally, I would say that Child ought to mean both.

But, if you wanted to talk about each separately, I would ask something about their personalities. Since each child is different inside. Eg if they say, just for example, one is very loving and one loves to read books. I might choose Heart for the first child and Book for the second, instead of Child. Just activate each of those cards to mean each child just for that reading.

Babs

What a wonderful idea! Thank you! So glad I found this site.

andybc

What would put myself off choosing cards such as the Book/Heart personally etc is cards between the Child and Book (or connecting them otherwise) will tell you about your children's education, be it school or university.

The Child and Heart also shows how well you're thought of, traditionally. So if the Clouds were by the Child and you had several cards between the Child and Heart that is very important in terms of the querent's non-romantic relationships. Using these for your children could complicate the simplicity of the cards' statements.

If you were desperate for extra cards I really would stick to the family cards - Child, Lilies, House.