21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step THREE

Starling

Step three

RWS - 5 of swords

Each of the three persons on this card are carrying different emotions. The main character seem quite smug. He looks at his opponents who are walking away from him, with a sneer on his face. The nearest of the men walking away seems thoughtful to me, although we can only see body language and not his face. But he has thrown his cloak over one shoulder and his body is upright. Nearest to the sea is a man who seems to be sobbing from his body language. Again we can't see his face, but he is hunched over and his face is in his hands. My first emotional feeling about this card is one of strong emotions of several kinds, all pretty miserable.

The last time I wrote I actually put myself in the body of the middle character, so this time I'm going to choose the main character.

It was a hard fight, but I'm better than they are. I won. It feels good to have won, but it also feels not quite right. Still, I gather up my winnings. Those swords are mine. And I look at the person I just conquered and feel very smug about it all. He is pretending that it all doesn't matter. How dare he!! I'm going to get him. I'm going to get all of them.

I had a pretty miserable childhood. If I was anyone in that card it was the guy sobbing near the water. Maybe recovery starts with doing a bit of smug winning? But I don't think I was ever that person. I think my goal was being the guy in the middle who could walk away and it was all OK.

coyoteblack

You did a really good job putting your self in the card and applying it to your own life.

About the healing - smug part maybe healing is also being ok with crying by the water knowing it will be over and healing can begin.

bryghtrose

Step Three- Robin Wood Tarot, 2 of Swords.

Whoops-- I did step 3 while doing step 2. I just couldn't stop writing and the emotions just came out. Oh well. I can't separate the emotions from the images. For me, tarot is such an emotional process, and the cards evoke emotional responses.

I am sitting on a cold, stone archway, that is partially crumbing. The sea howls behind me and I can feel every wave as it crashes against my seat and takes a small bit of it away. I'm wearing a thin white nightdress, but it's long and tangling about my feet. The wind blows right though it, and I'm shivering. I'm holding a sword in each hand. I've raised them, and crossed my arms over my chest. Partly to keep warm, and partly because I don't know what else to do with the swords. My hair is also windblown, and I can feel it whip against my face, but I can't see it, because I'm blindfolded. I hear the wind and the sea, but I cannot see where I am. I'm too afraid to move, but sitting here makes me even more scared: what if my seat collapses? What if I'm flung into the sea?

It's night-time, and there is a crescent moon high above me. A storm just passed, or one is coming in. I can't tell. Or maybe this is the eye of a hurricane and I'm only momentarily safe from the elements. There aren't any stars out, not that I could see them anyway, only the moon gives light. The moonlight reflects off my two swords. I can feel them held tight in my fists, pressed against my shoulders. My right arm is crossed over my left, so that I'm hugging myself in a dangerous embrace.

My feet are bare. I feel the cold stone underneath me. If I could just move forward, my feet would take me where I needed to go, but I can't move just now.

I would add to this, though.

I am so paralyzed by my own fear that I cannot do anything except sit here and be afraid. I want to move, but I'm scared of what will happen. I want to lower the swords, but I don't know where to put them and I don't want to just dump them in the sea. If I could put the swords down I could take off the blindfold and then I'd be able to see where to go. But I can't do that. There's enough moonlight to see by, but I can't make use of it. I am that afraid.

kwesifriends

Yay I think this lesson is harder than the other lessons yay maybe I'll study more about my cards before replying yay hehehehe!

kwesifriends

21 Ways -- Step 3

2 of Pentacles, The Fey Tarot

Step 3-1) The Dancing fairy at the top of the Ace Pentacle. She is happy and dancing and having fun to make the big mama fey to be happy. He or She making it self groe to make some light to the dark place and giving life to the card.

Step 3-2) The Small Sparkling Stars. When I'm looking at the star it means ambition for me. I think the big mama watching the fairy dancing and maybe imagining something ambition or goal to her life and the fairy maybe a link to her imagination to open the mind of people that is lonely or confused. This meaning is also link to Step 3-1.

Step 3-3) The Comfort Carpets that the Big Mama sitting. I think this carpet makes the big mama comfortable for short it is also helps the big mama comfort and have fun watching the fairy that makes feels her happy and I think this car[et is also have something meaning that I can't explain. Maybe this carpet is a gift for her that she loves it maybe her love ones give it to her or maybe its just only a part of the card that makes the card colorul and lively that makes my eyes impress with the image.

Verdi

21 ways step three

DruidCraft. The High Priestess

There are 2 characters the cat and the priestess. The cat sits there looking pensive, a feeling of not being involved or invited to join, but he is obviously curious about whats going on. The priestess is totally herself, the only emotion is perhaps “do not disturb”, not rejection, that’s too hard a word, but more of I need to be alone. Its dark and just a little bit forbidding. An eerie light from the moon lightly dusts the characters.

I stand and feel alive, I am open, I am me and my core is open to receive deeper insights and meaning. Give me strength to get to my inner self. My consciousness is not of this world, I am free. Though the wind blows and its cold my search keeps me warm and focused.

At time when I felt really focused was looking over the Grand Canyon on holiday. A truly magnificent sight, so big, powerful, and ancient. I stood there thinking that it is my own beliefs and thoughts that really are significant, not all my worldly goods and wealth.

Starling

Every time I read one of these posts I recognize just how deep into the cards even the apprentice parts of the book takes all of us. All I can say is WOW!

Verdi

Yes I agree totally. Its an exciting journey. The only trouble is I now have to wait for delivery of the book. Amazon has a suggested delivery date of 4.jan. Makes it a bit fustrating, because it seems the book is necessary for the next steps.
Verdi.

Princess Judy

21 Ways - Step Three: Golden Tarot XIX The Sun

1. This card seems kind of bland or neutral to me, even though it's the sun. The sun has a neutral look on her face, and actually I think it looks a bit sad or melancholic even, or uninterested, it's hard to put a finger on it. It's almost like a riddle or oracle (you know, the rather neutral sphinx faces with the blank eyes without irises). The child looks happier, with a certain wisdom way past its years, more with an inner smile. The horse looks strong and certain about heading in a certain direction.
The sky, a very light pale blue, or the little red flowers don't do much for the cheeriness either (RWS has sunflowers and lots of bright yellow, blue and orange, that's a different feel... But hey, I love this Golden deck, so there certainly must bee something in it that's 'speaking to me').
The sun is like The Watcher from Marvel comics, and even if she has an opinion, she will not speak it. Neutral or bland seem the most descriptive for me.

2. I am the child. I feel victorious and strong, and have grown an gained wisdom because of all of my past troubles, or better called 'experiences'.
The sun, she doesn't mean bad nor good, she just is, and overlooks all without judgement. She shines her light upon everything, so we can see things clearly for what they are if only we'd take a good look. There's a certain comfort to be had from the fact she's always there and touches us with her beams.
The horse knows the way, I can count on it, he is strong and powerful and will take me to a better place and future. I don't know exactly what that will look like, I only know I don't have to worry.

3. Years and years ago, France, a music holiday. People together learning to play the guitar & percussion, camping outside on the land of an old French farm. It was sunny and warm, somewhere in the afternoon. I lay on a mat on the grass in the sun, taking a nap, besides me lay two dear friends, each on there own mat, also napping. We were inseparable that week and enjoyed each others company thoroughly and each moment was a gift. This though, sums the whole week up: as I opened my sleepy eyes, I immediately saw the face of one friend peacefully sleeping, and behind her, the face of the other friend, peacefully sleeping as well. It gave me a feeling of great and undescribable comfort, I closed my eyes again and knew with certainty I needn't worry about anything in life. That summer was one of the happiest periods in my life.

Starling

Oh Wow! You really do make me want to do this again. <grin>