Osho Zen: Fire/Palyfullness; the Page of Fire

Briar Rose

Osho Zen fire Suit;
card: Playfullness, the Page of Wands

This card tells me to stop being so serious, to see life as non-serious, and my fear will disappear.

I tried that today. For the past two weeks (who am I kidding?)...for my whole like I live in fear not being liked.

Today I spoke with a healer, and worked with my Goddess cards (gifted to me by a good AT friend), and instead of thinking how I can be liked, I am thinking to not take life so serious, to get rid of my fears...maybe start teaching healing with Crystals, Chakra's and Tarot. Play~ get out of the fear and give of myself instead of wanting to be accepted.

This card reminds me to be playful, and the fear will be gone.

Alan Ross

I'm definitely in need of some serious playtime. I work six days a week: two days, two swings, and two graves. My poor abused body never knows whether it's coming or going. I'm actually at work now and I don't have my deck or book with me, so I can't make any detailed comments right now (no more meditation talk, I promise!). But I will say that it would be a shame to spend an entire life just working and taking care of reponsibilities without have some FUN along the way.

I think it's kind of cool that this particular card is designated playfulness, since that's one of the primary associations I have for the Page of Wands in RWS decks.

Alan Ross

In the Osho Zen Tarot book is the following: "She [the Page of Fire] reminds us of the time when we were children, discovering seashells on the beach or building castles in the sand without any concern that the waves might come and wash them away in the next moment." This reminded me of the following little anecdote (from the Yogacara Bhumi Sutra, quoted in "Teachings of the Buddha" by Jack Kornfield):

"Some children were playing beside a river. They made castles of sand, and each child defended his castle and said, 'This one is mine.' They kept their castles separate and would not allow any mistakes about which was whose. When the castles were all finished, one child kicked over someone else's castle and completely destroyed it. The owner of the castle flew into a rage, pulled the other child's hair, struck him with his fist and bawled out, 'He has spoiled my castle! Come along all of you and help me to punish him as he deserves.' The others all came to his help. They beat the child with a stick and then stamped on him as he lay on the ground. . . . Then they went on playing in their sand castles, each saying, 'This is mine; no one else may have it. Keep away! Don't touch my castle!' But evening came; it was getting dark and they all thought they ought to be going home. No one now cared what became of his castle. One child stamped on his, another pushed his over with both hands. Then they turned away and went back, each to his home."

Nothing we possess is truly ours. All of it is nothing more than sand castles. None of it needs to be taken seriously. I get so frustrated by the drama I see all around me. Most of it amounts to children fighting over sand castles. I get even more frustrated when I find myself getting sucked into the drama as well. I should know better, but it is so easy to lose perspective.

I once lived with a roommate who turned out to be my roommate from hell. We bumped heads over everything. I vividly remember one particularly ugly confrontation we had over a toilet brush. He complained that my toilet brush was too close to his toilet paper. He threw my toilet brush at my bedroom door and I retaliated by throwing his toilet brush at his bedroom door (yes, we had separate brushes and toilet paper). Next thing, we were facing off in the hallway on the verge of beating each other up. Over a toilet brush. How sad is that?

I wish I could drop out of the serious world. I don't want to be like the children in the anecdote above who fought and beat each other over their sand castles. I would rather be like the children in the Osho Zen book, who had fun building their sand castles without any concern that the waves would wash their castles away.

Judith D

This card makes me think of the saying which goes in part - 'dance like no-one is watching'.
Lovely sparkly bubbles of light, bright colours, transparency, fun, laughter, freedom. She does not care who is watching, who is there, what she looks like to anyone else, what anyone else's opinion is.
I tried for too many years to be what others wanted, rather than to be myself. Now I don't care so much what others think - that is their problem, not mine. It is such a shame that so often insights like this come when you are older - feeling sometimes too old to kick over the traces like the page.
Heavensvault you are very brave: keep going. Fear is so limiting, so constricting.
I am going to play this weekend and I am so looking forward to it. My husband and I are going away with friends for a long weekend at a super resort where we have a sort of timeshare. We've taken a luxury unit and we intend to relax and just enjoy. I can hardly wait. There will be serious moments and probably lots of tissues required - my friend has just finished her third set of chemo for her third different type of cancer, and their son died just short of a year ago from cancer. Her health is lousy, mine is not so good - but we laugh and laugh. She wants to pick my brains about some of my thoughts on my spiritual path. But through it all we laugh and enjoy life. She is so brave. We may not be able to do much actual physical dancing, but our hearts will dance. I am taking my cards with me and she is very keen to see. Our husbands will probably spend time raising their eyebrows and casting their eyes up to heaven. It is going to be fun!
Needless to say, I will be absent from the forum for a few days, but I will catch up!

armonia

osho zen Page of Fire: Playfulness

I really like this card as a reminder to stop taking yourself so seriously, and look at life with a child's innocence. I think this card connects to both the Fool and Innocence from the Major Arcana. It could even tie in with Celebration, the 3 of Water. All these cards are accute reminders to relax and have trust and show a child's understanding of life. "Memory believes before knowing remembers" - William Faulkner. Go back and think of your earliest childhood memory; it's hard to think with that kind of naivity, but I think that's what this card is saying - the power of play, and a release to your over occupied mind, allowing yourself to think like a child rather than being trapped into the "adult way" of thinking. Thinking like a child again can be the most liberating experience for you, allowing yourself the joys of playfulness in many aspects of your life (sexuality, cooking, creative writing.... the list could be inexhaustible!)

squeakmo9

I love this card...
A great man once said:
"if it ain't fun, don't do it!"

I'm beginning to see that...and I can also see how that attitude would ruffle some feathers, and, again, those feathery friends aren't worth spending anymore time with.
I spent so many years trying to be "acceptable", doing my utmost to be like the rest and just being miserable during the whole thing. Breaking down in so many different ways, and having "friends" not giving two sh*ts about my discomfort.
Well, guess what, I'm pursuing my own joy, my own bliss, and I don't need anyone weighing me down anymore.

firecatpickles

This card suits me. When I first looked at it, I said, "Yuck." Now it is growing on me the more I read about what others think.

I am childlike, and to hell with anyone who has a problem with it. I love acting immature, I love working with my third graders; they keep me young; and I love recess!

I can really appreciate this deck using the elements instead of the traditional suits. I have always seen pents=fire, & this deck allows me to do this.

Master_Margarita

What a contrast to the 9 and 10 of Fire!

There's not too much I can to what's already been said, except...I just love the fireflies twinkling across the surfact of this card. It makes me want to dance along with them.