Does anyone know Golden Girl?

Girl Archer

Though not Golden Girl, my dad keeps giving his (and sometimes, to my great dismay even my) e-mail ID to these sorts that promise to fulfil his wildest dreams of LOVE, WEALTH, HEALTH and HAPPINESS. Mails asking him to ACT NOW! So as to not lose out on his chance to manifest the future he visualizes. Luckily he draws the line at paying these chaps because he is old school and does not use credit cards/does not trust Internet Banking. But yeah, someone needs to find a way to shut down these scammers so that they don't exploit the naivete of good, trusting folk.

celticnoodle

Honor, integrity and respect are the 3 things she has always taught to me. I am just saying.

I believe you. But - that letter was sent. MANY times, to a fragile, vulnerable old lady.

That's why I said - if GG is a good guy, she needs to switch sites. She's in with some creeps.

(You are a subscriber ? WEIRD - I can't see your star... and a load of smilies went out on another site yesterday, too. Hm....)

Yes, very unusual isn't it gregory... I wonder why it looks so much like Lainey isn't a subscriber, just joined a couple days ago and has only posted in this specific thread. Must be a glitch.

Thankfully I never have to engage with these sorts of hard sell e-mails as my spam filter whisks them away before I even see them. They must make anyone vulnerable feel extremely anxious.

It occurs to me that Lainey may not yet know the difference between a member and a subscriber ! No worries.

yes, very weird! I wonder too....Lainey, I know these 'chat rooms' exist, and there are many people who will work on them. Sounds like you know more about these sites then the average person, as you mention how you've spoken to GG many times and you also find this site better then Tara Medium. Do you work on one of these sites yourself or do you just frequent them for the free readings? Next time you speak w/GG, you may want to tell her how these form letters are going out with her name on them and are basically scamming the vulnerable people, such as sevenstars elderly mother--out of precious money. Seems like a real shame to allow someone you know so well, who you say preaches -
Honor, integrity and respect are the 3 things she has always taught to me. I am just saying.
to be tagged with such a scam. Perhaps you need to let her know, so she can take steps to stop having HER name attached to it--and thus being dragged through the mud and also being held responsible for such horrible ways of taking advantage of others. Just saying.

Scarlet Woodland

Perhaps you need to let her know, so she can take steps to stop having HER name attached to it--and thus being dragged through the mud and also being held responsible for such horrible ways of taking advantage of others. Just saying.

An excellent point celticnoodle. I had my email hijacked while I was on holiday for a month many years ago, and while I closed down the account as soon as I returned and saw what was going on... I hate to think of anyone falling afoul of a nefarious email because they trusted my name. I'm sure based on what Lainey's told us about GG that she would feel the same.

prudence

(You are a subscriber ? WEIRD - I can't see your star... and a load of smilies went out on another site yesterday, too. Hm....)
I think she meant that she is a subscriber to the place where this Golden Girl is, and where the chat room mentioned is...and so she feels that she knows a bit more about GG's ethics and level of integrity.

I agree with your points, Celtic Noodle, if GG is unaware that her name is attached to these
rather spammy/scammy emails, someone should bring it to her attention.

Lainey

my response

You are right. I am very new to this site and have only been here a day or two, and do not know the difference between the two. Didn't know there was a difference at any rate I was able to see the letter it was VERY long....I was accepted to this site....

Lainey

celticnoodle I do not work on any of those sites I just get the free Readings...she is no longer on that site for the time being, it's been my experience that they all do it to a degree.

seven stars

There must be a database someplace for senior citizens.....she gets scam stuff ALL THE TIME - including the phone call saying "This is your grandson, Tony - hey I got in a little bit of trouble in Mexico & I'm stuck in the JAIL here - they won't let me out without cash..." She got the Warren Buffet email saying he was giving away money, the one from the lottery winner, she's gotten checks that look like real checks but the scam is that the check is no good but lets you deposit it then it bounces later after you've spent part of the money, she got the facebook message from a family member (somehow they hacked the account) & the person told her he got all this cash somehow that was pretty sketchy (wasn't her brother)......it's bad, & it targets vulnerable elderly folks & there's no way to catch any of them. It's sad that the psychic/tarot community has scammers that are just another group that does this.

gregory

Get her a new email address, and then block everything to the old one.

And make sure she NEVER answers "all" when she gets a bulk email, and never uses uses cc - use bcc if you MUST multisend....

celticnoodle

There must be a database someplace for senior citizens.....she gets scam stuff ALL THE TIME - including the phone call saying "This is your grandson, Tony - hey I got in a little bit of trouble in Mexico & I'm stuck in the JAIL here - they won't let me out without cash..." She got the Warren Buffet email saying he was giving away money, the one from the lottery winner, she's gotten checks that look like real checks but the scam is that the check is no good but lets you deposit it then it bounces later after you've spent part of the money, she got the facebook message from a family member (somehow they hacked the account) & the person told her he got all this cash somehow that was pretty sketchy (wasn't her brother)......it's bad, & it targets vulnerable elderly folks & there's no way to catch any of them. It's sad that the psychic/tarot community has scammers that are just another group that does this.

OMG. This is AWFUL! I wish I had good advice for how to protect people from scammers like this--but I don't. However, I agree w/Gregory and advise a new email addy and making sure her computer blocks pretty much everything. In fact, perhaps if you KNEW her email password--you could also keep on top of things for her, by going through her mail - (just reading who its from, I don't mean reading everyone of them), but you'd probably know which ones are the scammers and you could get rid of them immediately before she responds to them, perhaps? I'm not sure what else to tell you. But, I do hope that she isn't ever taken advantage of again by any of these scammers.