Morgan Greer - Edition Identification

decan

Yes, the separated paper that I have is exactly the same but with another name. I asked to DustyWhite to inform me if he knows one day who is Catlin Morgan.
This paper seems to have the same age as the leaflet, so probably he came with it, but I can't be sure about this of course.

gregory

Oh right. There IS a tarot reader on line called Caitlin Morgan (google is my friend !) but I can't manage Manish Patel with a tarot connection,. Maybe there was some group that had printed sheets with their members' names on ?

decan

Oh right. There IS a tarot reader on line called Caitlin Morgan (google is my friend !) but I can't manage Manish Patel with a tarot connection,. Maybe there was some group that had printed sheets with their members' names on ?
I think it is the more logical; I thought about an option in some stores (before Amazon): if you bought the deck you could have an offered personalised paper.

gregory

I think it is the more logical; I thought about an option in some stores (before Amazon): if you bought the deck you could have an offered personalised paper.
And Ciro offers personalised backs :)

G6

Okay, I caved and got a 1st Edition brown box Morgan Greer. It's a bit worn, but not too shabby for its age. Plus, it was a fair price for the condition. Screams vintage tarot.

Will post pics tmrw...šŸ˜Š

G6

MG 1st Edition PICS

Okay, heres the pics of the 1st Edition - Brown Box. As far as I can tell the main identifier is the color failure on the card backs. They are super pale blue and splotchy. This set did not come with an LWB, so no info there. The Chariot card is not off center in this one and there is no Page of Pods.

PICS

Attachments

• IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 305
  • FullSizeRender 14.jpg
    FullSizeRender 14.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 422
  • FullSizeRender 16.jpg
    FullSizeRender 16.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 443
  • FullSizeRender 19.jpg
    FullSizeRender 19.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 432
  • FullSizeRender 15.jpg
    FullSizeRender 15.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 457

G6

PIC MG 1st Edition Card Backs

PIC MG 1st Edition Card Backs

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 18.jpg
    FullSizeRender 18.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 317

decan

I am not completely wild about the card backs for this version (brown box), but this has a vintage charm :)

Concerning my copy (aqua box), and even though the card backs are generally good, a few cards are clearer and it's a problem to pull cards (because I know what cards have a back a bit clearer). Therefore I don't use this deck for this reason.