Mortality Impulses Tarot

Laura Borealis

I like that Knight of Bees. (I don't think that's the card name but I don't know what suit it is, so.) What I like is the idea of a bee large enough for a woman to ride on, or a woman small enough to ride a normal-sized bee. Also, I like how the wing vein pattern makes the woman look like her abs are totally ripped.

gregory

Well, two of the suits are pencils and knives (she gave them those names when she emailed me.) So I think it has to be "cups" or "pents"...

Achlys

Personally, the art isn't for me. I couldn't imagine using this deck with a client, in all honesty.

gregory

I guess it would very much depend on the client :D But the "reality" of it is rather refreshing.

Laura Borealis

Well, two of the suits are pencils and knives (she gave them those names when she emailed me.) So I think it has to be "cups" or "pents"...

And really it could go either way, couldn't it? I could see bee hives as pents for sure, but honeycomb is all little cups of honey.

I've got that dang Bee Movie on my mind now. Terrible movie, not a big fan of Seinfeld to be honest.

Dee Ell

As an artist, I can see aesthetically what earthair's issue is with the deep black pubic hair - in some images it is the darkest point in the image so it automatically draws the eye even if that's not supposed to be the center of focus.

So it has nothing to do with being "full bush" or "too realistic" -- this is a black and white deck: all range of colours are expressed tonally... which means that the pubic hair, like portraying someone with "blonde" or "light brown" hair without the use of color is possible (as shown by the hair on their heads), COULD be tonally different but instead is this heavy eye magnet, visually, which is distracting to me as well.

(Perhaps the artist is working under the assumption that all pubic hair is black?? :D hehehe)

Laura Borealis

The rug doesn't always match the drapes...

quietly

I guess it would very much depend on the client :D But the "reality" of it is rather refreshing.

Agreed!

I like that Knight of Bees. (I don't think that's the card name but I don't know what suit it is, so.) What I like is the idea of a bee large enough for a woman to ride on, or a woman small enough to ride a normal-sized bee. Also, I like how the wing vein pattern makes the woman look like her abs are totally ripped.

I really like that card, too. Actually, I think it might be the Knight of Knives? The artist's Instagram shows a card that looks like the Ace of Knives, with bees flying around it. I'd guess it's to show the element of air.

Dee Ell

The rug doesn't always match the drapes...

:p yes, I'm aware of that... the point is here EVERYONE owns the same rug, regardless of their choice of drapes ;) And for some of us it's visually distracting from the meaning/focus of the card...

Nemia

I like the art of the deck, it reminds me a bit of Aya Rozen's Black Lily deck. I don't know how it works as tarot but as art it works for me. The artist, I feel, worked for herself, not for some market; this looks like a personal statement deck. That makes it interesting IMO. I like her nude studies, too, especially where she lets the watercolour run a bit.