Which Papus deck is this?

Sigrdrifa

I cannot post a picture here so I'll describe it best as I can.

My Papus deck comes in a purple box with the World on it, with the text 'Complete with instructions by Stuart R. Kaplan'. On the bottom is a golden sticker that used to be on the inner seal, stating 'printed in Belgium by Carta Mundi exclusively for U.S. games systems inc'.

I plan on selling it so I need the description to be accurate. It'll also help me set a price. Thank you!

PS I see on ebay lots of papus decks in a black box, is that the most recent print?

gregory

Sounds exactly like mine, which I bought in 1983. Modified by Oliver Stephane, first published by Agedis a year before the USG edition.

One possibly critical bit - check the LWB. Mine has the old USG address - 38 East 32nd street. It is also a first printing of the LWB - this you can tell by the numbers in the front - mine show all from 10 down to 1.

I know a site where someone was offering it for $75, but I don't know that it sold. On a comparison site I use, I find there are two for sale on line at the moment: at £55 and £169. One's on amazon france.

Mine bears the ISBN 0-88079-011-3

earthair

PS I see on ebay lots of papus decks in a black box, is that the most recent print?

The Ukraine seller of Russian editions? Probably fakes.

Sigrdrifa

Sounds exactly like mine, which I bought in 1983. Modified by Oliver Stephane, first published by Agedis a year before the USG edition.

One possibly critical bit - check the LWB. Mine has the old USG address - 38 East 32nd street. It is also a first printing of the LWB - this you can tell by the numbers in the front - mine show all from 10 down to 1.

I know a site where someone was offering it for $75, but I don't know that it sold. On a comparison site I use, I find there are two for sale on line at the moment: at £55 and £169. One's on amazon france.

Mine bears the ISBN 0-88079-011-3

Thank you Gregory for looking it up. I have the exact same one.

The Ukraine seller of Russian editions? Probably fakes.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed. Yes, all cheap ones in black box are from a Ukranian seller.