The Chibi Tarot!

garmonbozia

Great deck. The only reason I didn't back it is because I don't generally care for Majors only decks.

Any chance this might be expanded to a full tarot some day?

Pixelsmith

Hey Gregory - Thanks for the aggressive interest. True, it's grist for the mill, but given the way that the moderators have decided to structure the forum is really restrictive for self-publishers unfortunately, and I have a hard time getting behind that. Secondly, the way that I was treated by the moderators was insulting and disrespectful, which makes me want to spend as little time here as possible. Thankfully you're a backer, so you'll be receiving weekly updates from here until the finish of this deck.

And I understand your dislike of Facebook, but it's MUCH easier to promote the deck there and reach a much larger audience than it is here in the forums. Although these forums are much more clearly aimed at my target market, I spend a LOT more time here navigating the bureaucracy than I do on Facebook, and that makes Facebook a lot more appealing.

Firefrost - I'm glad you laughed. That's definitely the intent behind my tower card: to make it approachable and relatable, rather than ominous and frightening.

SweetIsTheTruth - Yes, exactly! The tent revival was really important to me to capture the joy and energy that's been missing from the card for so long. I thought it was a clever way to combine the Christian history of the card with its distinct pagan influences and uses.

You're also not the first one to see similarities to South Park in this deck. I think both works of art have similar intentions: to pare down character design to its simplest form. They also both deal with children. South Park is about four boys, and the word "chibi" in Japanese means "short person" or "small child" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chibi_(term)) , so the intent behind the designs is similar.

Garmonbozia - Yes, the plan is to create a full deck, but as I currently work on this part time it will take me a few years to do so. If I'm lucky I believe I can have the full deck ready sometime in 2016.

Thanks all for your comments and feedback.

gregory

Sorry - can't see the issue with talking creation here in creation and advertising kickstarter in advertising... (and I am not a mod and I don't create !) Still and all - I am still sitting on my hands waiting !

garmonbozia

Garmonbozia - Yes, the plan is to create a full deck, but as I currently work on this part time it will take me a few years to do so. If I'm lucky I believe I can have the full deck ready sometime in 2016.

excellent news! I wish you the best of luck finishing the deck, and I shall just have to wait patiently.

gregory

WELL - in all accuracy - he is at present mailing them to his backers. THEN they will be available. Right now it is preorder time for non-backers.

Alta

And just a note, too late for this artist, Solandia is after consideration now allowing artists and creators to post Kickstarter links.

epimetheus

Clarification

Gregory - Thanks for the clarification, but the difference in shipping will be minimal. I will be shipping out the backer decks first, but the decks purchased through the site will ship out the day after that, so the delay will be very small.

Alta - I'm very glad to hear that. There is a fine line between kickstarting and advertising, but I do believe Solandia's made the right choice. Without the kickstarter I couldn't have created my deck.

gregory

I don't mind :) I am a backer !

Tomsde

Congrats, I need to go back to working on mine.