Atu XV

ravenest

Franks post lead me to another thought.

Perhaps Waites Devil shows us how we are bound and restricted and chained to this vague fearfull unconcious force.
Crowleys devil has cut the chain and the end is handed back to us ... so what are we going to do about ... I guess the answer is to accept responsibility and not blame 'strange, mysterious forces'.

Edge

ravenest said:
I really should read this book, people keep refering to it .. I guess I will just have to get over my stuff about Lom.

Understanding AC's Thoth seems to be a popular book for Thoth newbies, because I am one I of course got and read it. Not a bad read, but a little watered down in my view. Still glad I have a copy though. Now the BOT well...that's a whole new ball game! Am enjoying my experience with it very much. Now please indulge my curiosities what is your "stuff" about Lom?

Cosmotaroist

"stuff" ? Lom? you mean Lon?

ravenest

Well, I'm sure he is a nice guy, people tell me is, I've never met him.
I just get annoyed about some of the stuff in his books and the imagary in his deck. There is some real silly stuff in "My life with the spirits" (I think it's called). In one of his rituals he used a scalpel instead of a burin (you were supposed to cut your skin with the burin (a small scratchy engravers tool) imagine what would happen if you did this to yourself with a scalpel! Lon found out. When I read that I thought "What an idiot". I really dont dig his death card. Just personal preference I guess.