Significator as a Small card??

Cosmotaroist

Is it accurate? to find the corresponding planet and the Zodiac sign to have a small card that represents me???

Grigori

I'm not what method your suggesting Cosmotaroist. I don't find the dates to suitable for myself. I'm a late Aries, which would make the 4 of Wands a significator for me. It's a suitable one, though my Venus is not in Aries in my chart.

However I would also get the Prince of Disks, and the Emperor, neither of which appeals to me. I actually relate much more to the cards that represent my mid-heaven planets and sign. *shrugs*

Cosmotaroist

I think i will just go with the court cards then.....the small card is some what depressing

ravenest

If you are using the system I think you are [ie. if you lay all the minors out in a circle to represent the zodiac and you find the one closest to your birthdate?] then you can extend it, with the minors the card before (in the astro progression) is where you are coming from and the one after your card is where you are going, so it may not be that depressing after all ?

The Court card is another part (or depth) of your personality, and so on with the major that represents you, you can use all 3 levels.

Cosmotaroist

I dont think im using that system...for example if you are born Jul 3, you are Mercury in Cancer, which is the 3 of cups...............since Mercury occupies the 10- 20 degree of the Zodiac of Cancer...3 of cups.

fyreflye

The Golden Dawn/Thelemic system of correspondences assigns both a court card and a small card to birthdates (in my case, for instance, Prince of Wands and 4 of Cups.) The court card works as the significator or as a means of identifying a person referred to in the reading, the small card as a means of determining a time period in cases where the questioner requires one. Lon Milo DuQuette's Tarot of Ceremonial Magick is your best current reference for this information.

Edge

As I understand it from reading DuQuette's book the cards that represent me (being Capricorn) are the Devil and Queen of Disk. Don't know about the small card like Fyreflye was referring to or Cosmotaroist was asking about. Can anyone point me in the direction to find this out? Guess I overlooked that information in DuQuette.

Nevada

Cosmotaroist,

I see no problem with considering a small card your significator, no matter how you choose it, whether using a system devised by someone else or simply going by what card feels familiar to you. I've identified with minors from time to time, even dreamed about one, and I can see how they would carry a lot of meaning for me as significators.

Nevada

Cosmotaroist

I dont like my small card at all....its somewhat like 10 of swords....ya...for those whos wondering.....your birth dates (do not need to consider the year) correspond to a minor.....as each Zodiac sign rules 3 minors

Cosmotaroist

and i forogt to mention...the good thing about the court cards as significantor is.....they are broader then small cards.....that is.....the former conveys a bigger scope of meanings than the latter which can be great or depressing