Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Cryptic Tarot - WIP deck by Emily Lubanko

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Resident

chocbird 
Resident
The Cryptic Tarot - WIP deck by Emily Lubanko

I felt this is the more appropriate forum, as only a few cards are complete so far.

Found this work-in-progress deck recently floating in the tumblr-sphere. Another card visible in the header is on the artist's main site, Strength (warning for nudity and mild gore in lower non-Tarot illustrations). Strong RWS influence. I think I like the art; the Hierophant is quite haunting.

Any thoughts?
Top   #1
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 
pirate borealis

Powerful art. I definitely like it. That is possibly my favorite Hierophant ever.
Top   #2
Citizen

wooden-eye 
Citizen

Really strong artistic direction- with beauty too! Also she has started the minors.
We should encourage Emily onto our forum. I would love to follow this one.
Cheers chocbird.
Top   #3
Citizen

reall 
Citizen

I've noticed this sort of art style become fashion trend recently seeing it on DA often!)
(check out my fav card gallery to see what I mean http://primavistax.deviantart.com/fa.../59486832/card )
but imo this style would work best for thoth based deck?XD especially because it's bit gore and seeing author portfolio?!XD )
Top   #4
Citizen

RiverRunsDeep 
Citizen

Wow. Wow, wow, wow!! Amazing stuff. Hoping this deck becomes a reality.
Top   #5
Resident

chocbird 
Resident

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it.

wodden-eye, I'll write to the artist and ask whether she'd like to join here.

Admittedly, I don't frequent DA much, reall. But I notice Trung Nguyen's cards in your gallery, whose deck I am eagerly awaiting, so perhaps I should take more interest. I think the lines here are a bit too flowing for a Thoth-based deck, which makes me think of ideal geometry and such (though note that I don't know much about either art or Thoth ).
Top   #6
Resident

Cryptic 
Resident
Smile

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for inviting me here. I am Emily Lubanko, the artist of this upcoming deck. Thank you so much for your kind words!

The deck is still in progress-- I have more cards in process than the ones that I have posted since I am working on a lot of them concurrently. So there is a lot more to come-- I plan on making this fully and richly illustrated, since I prefer to read with decks that don't just have "pip" cards.

I am happy to answer any and all questions people have about this deck, my art, my tarot practice, and my approach to making this.

I remember this site existing when I was first getting into tarot something like 15+ years ago-- what a wonderful thing still see it going strong!

Hope everyone is well!
Best,
-E
Top   #7
Citizen

bonebeach 
Citizen

I love it, I love it, I love it. Energetic line work and powerful images. Definitely want it in the future!
Top   #8
Citizen

IHeartRescues 
Citizen

Has anyone heard more about this deck in the intervening months? Would love to see the progress
Top   #9
Resident

dawning_tarot 
Resident

most of the artwork is stunning and haunting, but must admit that i'm in love with the Star card. probably the most symbolic Devil card I've ever seen.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.