Researching F.M. Visconti

barth

Sorry for the delay in responding. A brief flu, but all better now.

Thanks so much for the help, everyone. I'm looking forward to diving in to another round of research soon, so I'll start nosing around in libraries and on Amazon.com very soon, with your advice firmly in mind.

I'm very appreciative!

Huck

jmd said:
Thankyou Mari... that's the volume I was trying to recall:

Edmund Garrett Gardner's Dukes and Poets of Ferarra (which I have yet to see!).

Another worthwhile book to obtain, though not precisely what you seek is Boiardo's Orlando Innamorato (available from a variety of sources, including as an eBook).

Where is the e-book of Orlando innamorato? Translated?
Would like to know also the text of Pulci (also Orlando).

barth

The Burkhardt has been invaluable! A great recorder of sensual detail.

And yes, I would love to find an English translation Orlando Innamorato, as well. I learned about it first on trionfi.com.

Huck

barth said:
The Burkhardt has been invaluable! A great recorder of sensual detail.

And yes, I would love to find an English translation Orlando Innamorato, as well. I learned about it first on trionfi.com.

I would advice you to enter LTarot@yahoogroups.com, if you wish to get some more specific details to Filippo Maria Visconti (some infos are in the archive). Also you can request there and Ross Caldwell has another group about Visconti (although it's calm now and didn't produce very much). Well, this are topics, which are not in the Kaplan. Kaplan has the function of the base.
But: LTarot is also a place for questions. And perhaps, if you like, you can tell there a little bit about your project. Perhaps somebody has then ideas for you.