Pearls of Wisdom ~ Eight of Pentacles

emmsma

A happy and prosperous woman sits painting what looks to be a treasure chest. She has on pearl earrings and a pearl necklace with gold medallion. On her work bench beside the chest, her pallette of paints and a cup full of brushes is a pouch, spilling over with coins.

A crystal hangs in the window and its light casts a rainbow which ends at the chest. Her pot'o gold! Oh my. I see now that the wall is lined with these chests and beneath each, hangs its key.

On the window sill sits a pot of flowers. I keep calling them Tiger Lillies. This flower is on a number of cards. Must check the book at some point.

Runic Associations:
Fehu - Possessions, fulfillment, ambition satisfied, rewards received, Nourishment

Raido - Letting Right action Flow, regulating excess, Communication, Union, Journey, Keeping within limits

emmsma

I do love how the runes meld in, adding their richness to the meanings so richly expressed in the images.

This woman has all that she needs to sustain her. This refers to her possessions, but also to her soul. She is not a glutton, hoarding what she has. Those folk live in fear that what they have will be taken.

She is a happy joyful soul, creating her lovely chests. Contented. Fulfilled. Complete.

jcwirish

Yep, those are tiger lilies.

I love the wall of treasure chests. As you say, they are her "pot o gold", but the shelve of chests also reiterates the idea that she is mastering her craft and on her way to recognition for her hard work and creativity.

The treasure chest is her "pot of gold", her craftsmanship and creativity, but it's also where one keeps their profits or treasures.

I love how the paintbrushes look like a bouquet of flowers too. Everything in this card seems to hold multiple meanings. I love how the paint palette reflects the colors in the rainbow. Doesn't the artist use the rainbow of hues in so many ways, and like an actual rainbow, don't we often derive "hope" from the works of the artist? Am I pushing it with this analogy. :)

jcwirish

emmsma said:
I do love how the runes meld in, adding their richness to the meanings so richly expressed in the images.

This woman has all that she needs to sustain her. This refers to her possessions, but also to her soul. She is not a glutton, hoarding what she has. Those folk live in fear that what they have will be taken.

She is a happy joyful soul, creating her lovely chests. Contented. Fulfilled. Complete.

Yes, and it also seems that those who can create and find the divine influence within their work and the creative process, are less inclined to need to feed themselves with outside stimulus and material things. She's creates her own abundance through her craft. She doesn't need anything else.

emmsma

Yes, her work, her craft and creativity - they are what nourishes her soul. They are the source of the joy. I think she herself - the expression on her face - glows as brightly as the rainbow that floods the room.

She KNOWS she is where she needs to be, and its what she wants.

(This isn't coming out how I want it to.) :(

jcwirish

emmsma said:
Yes, her work, her craft and creativity - they are what nourishes her soul. They are the source of the joy. I think she herself - the expression on her face - glows as brightly as the rainbow that floods the room.

She KNOWS she is where she needs to be, and its what she wants.

(This isn't coming out how I want it to.) :(

I know, I feel the same way, but you make perfect sense. I wholeheartedly agree with you about her expression. It says it all.