Favorite spread for a new deck?

Moonchild1721

I'm interested to know if anyone has a favorite spread you like to do when reading with a new deck fo the first time? I usually like to spend a few days looking through the deck and getting familiar with the images, and then I start using the deck for a daily card for awhile.

Tigerangel

I always just keep it simple with a new deck and do a past/present/future or any other simple 3 card spread with assigned associations till I get the feel of the deck.

kx5

You can do Tor's New Deck spread, which will both help you get the feel of it and also act as a very simple deck interview spread.

The format is simple: 1....2....3

1) What will you give me
2) What do you want in return
3) What kind of relationship will we have

Moonchild1721

Thanks so much! I'll try both of these!

rylla

!) What do you want me to know about yourself (=what kind of deck are you? in which areas will you help me)

2) What do you bring to the table (i.e. enlightenment, help, truth, etc)

3) What kind of relation will we have - the meaning of the third card I interpret taking into consideration card 1) and 2) and derive it from all 3 cards together

Than I pul 2 more cards but their meaning varies: sometime I ask the cards for; what is your advice to me right now, or the forth card is the a theme I should be aware and the 5th card is the advice - I'm not sure yet what would be the best assignment for these two last positions (I just feel that there should be there these 2 more cards as well)

I take a note of the result of the reading (of the first 3 cards) on a piece of paper (i.e.: this deck will help me see the truth more clearly) and place it together with the deck. When I do a reading with that deck I check it.