Paulina Tarot Study Group~Judgment

HearthCricket

My thoughts on Judgment!!

Two stark white trees attract orbs which are spirits "eager to be reborn into the world". (LWB) Like our own winters, while everything seems to sleep, rebirth is taking place under the snow and in hidden places. But eventually spring will arrive and everything will be awakened, once more. In the middle of the card a child mermaid sleeps on tip of a flower, practically the only colour in the picture, representing "a new transformation taking place." (LWB) High above the ground she will be able to see things in perspective and in a new light when she wakes. My favourite part of this card is how the trees have created almost an hourglass look around the mermaid and live flower, like a time bubble, not quite ripe, but close to awakening and rebirth. There is a little something about this card that reminds me of the movie The Fountain, with a moment of enlightenment just ready to happen, especially with the little seed pods hanging from the branches in the middle of the right hand tree!

hopena

I was just going to start a thread for this, and thought I'd better check to see if one already existed. :) I just pulled this card for a reading, and I love it. I noticed the same thing:

"Look at this little one, snoozing on a freshly opened bud. The boughs of the trees bend in as if to cover and protect her. It looks to be a rather barren landscape, but the light behind her looks to me to signal some sort of rebirth. Something good, new and hopeful. Inspiring."

lalalibra

All the white in the image reminds me so much of wintertime! And I think it's meant to be that way, since the trees are bare? The orbs remind me of ornaments, though on closer inspection I do see they are floating. Could they be the spirits of leaves to come? Definitely brings to mind the idea of the life cycle, of rebirth following death; and how that which is meant to live shall live when given the space to grow (as with the flower)... And I like the idea of a mermaid being okay on land if it's snowy lol! I imagine that this light the mermaid is resting in could also be the sun glowing behind the clouds, soon to emerge.