Reap or cut?

Ferne

In Caitlin's new book (which is excellent) she explains that the handle side of the scythe card shows what you reap, and the blade side shows what is cut. That's well and good when all the cards fall to the left or right, but what happens when the scythe is the middle card?

Lets say for example:

The blade on the scythe card points right.

Fish Scythe Tower

Should this be read as:

a) Money reaped from Gov't

b) Money cut off by Gov't

c) Money reaped due to cuts by Gov't

How would you guys read this?

Ferne

Lee: If this post is in the wrong area, please forgive me and correct my mistake.

ana luisa

That's a great question! I would go for C because it includes both. it got me thinking how we could read TOWER SCYTHE FISH ... Because we belong to a strong company we can splurge ? Or we shouldn't worry about embezzling money because we have the backup of a very solid and abovee-suspicion company. How would you read it ?

mysticsphere

i guess i would read it as "C" as well.

I'm using piatnik deck, and my problem is that the scythe and handle are facing the same direction! lol

Chanah

It could be money suddenly cut or lost because of a large corporation - like a layoff - or the government. I have a hard time seeing the Scythe as a positive card no matter how it falls. But 'suddenness' is one of its definitions.

Also - I have a couple of decks where the Scythe card contains two scythes - one facing left, the other right. I generally take the card to the right as the one the Scythe will 'cut' the worst.

Village Witch

Fish Scythe Tower

I don't pay attention to which way the blade points on the scythe card. (Neither do I pay attention to the dark or light side of the clouds card.) What is important to me is the position of the card and the other cards around it. If there were another negative flanking the scythe, I would read the scythe as negative.

As the scythe is this draw is the middle card, I would read it as money cut off by gov't. I would do another draw to clarify.