TotOP - Ace of Rods

Silverlotus

Ace of Rods

Ace of Rods

The suit of Rods in this deck is attributed to Fire. This comes across fairly clearly in this card, I think. Although there are no flames in this card, the feeling is one of heat. It makes me think of a hot day near the end of August, when everything is baking under the summer sun.

The main feature of this card is a rod of white willow (according to the book). From it grows two small branches, each bearing six leaves - one for each month of the year or sign of the Zodiac. Near the bottom of the card we see the wheat of fertility again. Near the top of the rod is a peacock butterfly, meant to represent a pure soul. In the back ground of the card we see a group of standing stones, on a sun-baked grassland.

huredriel

In looking at this card, I feel the stones in the background are those of Stonehenge ...... especially when you look at the Magician ...... of which the aces are an aspect of. It makes me feel that if you look into the fire in the Magician card ........ then this is what you are going to see ........ and after all the ace is a seed, and this feels like it contains all of the passionate, hot fiery potential.

Also whilst the 12 leaves represent the 12 signs of the Zodiac ....... when I look at them ....... I see the rod firmly in the middle ...... 6 leaves on either side ....... to me this feels as if past choices (6 = Lovers) have brought you to this position ........ and more choices will loom ahead.