Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

macoram 
Resident

Spanish Marteau Grimaud Edition

Just to inform all interested that after some research I found the origin of the previously mentioned deck.
A Spanish book publisher (EDAF) seems to have been publishing the Spanish edition of Paul Marteau's book at least since the 80's, including the floral brown-backed Marteau Grimaud card deck (all 78 cards) in some boxed editions.
Case closed.

Last edited by macoram; 26-12-2015 at 09:02. Reason: Bad spelling
macoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2015 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #161
Sumada 
Citizen

Lequart Tarot de Besancon

Good to see this thread still alive and kicking :-)

In addition to the wonderful image in post #152 on the previous page, here's a link to the Hanged Man from the Lequart TdB - just one step back in time from the card on the right of Rafael's line up of gibbets!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ard%20Back.jpg

ETA: Sorry if I have infuriated people with a previously posted shonkey link. OK, so I'm officially technology challenged, butI now believe I have corrected the link above ;-)

Then you might also like to view ALL the Trumps from the Lequart deck, and you can - right here...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sumada...h/24047808063/

Last edited by Sumada; 30-01-2016 at 07:35.
Sumada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #162
FLizarraga 
Citizen

I actually had this deck! Couldn't tell what it was, because it was given to me as an (incomplete) gift....
FLizarraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #163
Luca Shivendra Om 
Resident

Hello all! Anyone knows which edition of the Grimaud Marteau has the unusual back showed in the pic in attachment? (Hope the link to my Google Drive will work)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_h...w?usp=drivesdk
Luca Shivendra Om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #164
Philippe 
Citizen

I've never seen a back like this one but I'm pretty sure it's an early edition. It would be easier if you showed us entire cards.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #165
Luca Shivendra Om 
Resident

I've no pics of the Cards except for the Star card. I will upload it on my drive soon. Thank you! (PS the cards are 4 x 2 inch... quite small for an early edition, I suppose)

Inviato dal mio XT1562 utilizzando Tapatalk
Luca Shivendra Om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #166
NightMagic628 
Resident

I was very lucky to recently acquire a 1963 deck in English. The box is a little dog eared but the cards are in excellent condition. They feel so thick and well made. I can't wait to start using them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
NightMagic628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #167
Lee 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMagic628 View Post
I was very lucky to recently acquire a 1963 deck in English. The box is a little dog eared but the cards are in excellent condition. They feel so thick and well made. I can't wait to start using them.
My deck is like that, thick cards and in English. The copyright says 1963 but I think mine are probably from the '70s. I just recently noticed the reason why the cards are so thick -- they're actually two cards pasted together! They must have printed the fronts on one set of cards and the backs on a second set, and pasted the fronts and backs together. I wonder if riffle shuffling would eventually separate them. I don't riffle shuffle, so I'm safe.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #168
NightMagic628 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
My deck is like that, thick cards and in English. The copyright says 1963 but I think mine are probably from the '70s. I just recently noticed the reason why the cards are so thick -- they're actually two cards pasted together! They must have printed the fronts on one set of cards and the backs on a second set, and pasted the fronts and backs together. I wonder if riffle shuffling would eventually separate them. I don't riffle shuffle, so I'm safe.
Interesting. I took the cards out and really looked at them and I see exactly what you mean about them looking like 2 cards together. I wonder why this was done this way.
NightMagic628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #169
Lee 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMagic628 View Post
Interesting. I took the cards out and really looked at them and I see exactly what you mean about them looking like 2 cards together. I wonder why this was done this way.
It certainly makes the cards more sturdy, but I'm guessing it would have cost a lot more to produce since they were essentially printing two decks for every one.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #170
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today