The two bald men

poivre

Is there a reason for these men to be bald or do they have a hat on?
The Hierophant

I think that it is telling us that it is direct knowledge from the divine, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for any ideas.

Le_Corsair

It's probably a tonsure.

A tonsure was a special form of head-shaving symbolizing that the subject has taken vows in a religious order. I am aware of two types of tonsure in the Roman Catholic church: 1. the Roman tonsure, in which a circular area at the back of the head is shaved, and 2. the Celtic tonsure, in which everything forward of the ears is shaved. There may be other variants, those are the ones I am familiar with.

Bob :THERM

poivre

Thanks, this makes sense.

I thought of the one comedy movie with Tim Allen & Christy ( the one that use to be married to one of the Baldwin boys. They left the city & went to the country & was living with Omish people.

These guys had riglets for sideburns & then a space where there was no hair. lol

HudsonGray

Vikings also shaved, but from the top of the ears down, it was basically to help cushion the weight of their helmet against the top of their heads, yet leave the ears free to hear. Basically a matt of hair at the top of the head & nothing down below that circle.

WalesWoman

My step dad was bald, he said it was because his brain was so big it pushed out all of his hair!

Maybe it's the reverse of the veil, nothing is hidden, and there's nothing to come between the head and knowledge?????

Vincent

HudsonGray said:
Vikings also shaved, but from the top of the ears down,

Wouldn't that leave a nasty hole where their ears used to be?

Vincent

poivre

ROFLMAO

Vincent: You have a fine eye for detail. I didn't catch this when I read it.

HudsonGrey: Hope this brightens your day! You have to admit this is funny!

Thanks

lark

Vincent said:
HudsonGray said:
Vikings also shaved, but from the top of the ears down,
Wouldn't that leave a nasty hole where their ears used to be?
Vincent
Well, Ros I see what you mean.
Vincent started the whole thing. LOL
That is too funny.
I guess that might explain why Vikings have a reputation for being a little bit cranky.

Le_Corsair

Probably More Than You Want To Know.

All About Tonsure, courtesy of the online Catholic Encyclopedia.

Bob :THERM

ScarabFlight

Tonsure

Le_Corsair, very interesting stuff. I like what the article said about how you had to have faith and be able to read and write before you could have this done.

So the two people already have knowledge and are looking for more...... It could also correspond with an energy point on your head or keeping the path open for divine communcation, so to speak. That's just my little addition. :)

Thanks for all the ideas!!