Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

TOADies Anonymous.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JylliM View Post
Can I join? I admit I have a problem. I must have nearly 60 decks, mostly purchased since last May. That is way more than necessary or affordable.
Are you my long lost twin?

Nearly 60 - check
Since last May - check

This place is just plain dangerous ha ha. I managed to hit my toadie target with only one (semi scheduled) slip along the way so am sure you'll do just fine Helped me to think of it as saving up for something special.

Am down to just under one a week now I'm allowed to buy again, which is still too many really but definitely on the right track. Will be back here sharpish if it goes up again
Top   #111
Citizen

JylliM 
Citizen

Hello northern hemisphere twin! Yes, this place is so very dangerous! And to think I got a paid subscription because I thought trading decks would save me money!?! I was oh so naive...

I will take heart from your and everyone else on here's impressive displays of resolve. I WILL be strong!
Top   #112
Citizen

RavenLuna 
Citizen

I fell off the wagon :/
I knew it was too good to last! I saw the Llewellyn Tarot that I've wanted for aaaggggeeeess at a decent price, with an extra 10% off if I bought another book. So I ended up buying the green box Thoth as well, which I've also wanted for ages, as I only have a small one. That was on offer too. Oh well, that's two more off my long-term wishlist for under 30.

I hadn't bought anything sine the Cosmos Tarot, so that's quite good going - for me
::hops back on the wagon::
Top   #113
Citizen

Serenia 
Citizen

I've been lurking around this thread since its beginning in November, but I was afraid to join "officially" because I was quite sure I'd fail miserably... But so far, I think I'm actually doing pretty well! My last two decks arrived at the beginning of December and I haven't ordered anything tarot-related since then.

I'm sure I will buy a new deck every once in a while, but my plan is to do it reasonably. I accumulated around 130 decks since 2012 (that's more than 30 decks per year!) and I'd like to slow down my deck buying. If I manage to buy ten decks or less in 2016 I'll be very happy!
Top   #114
Citizen

JylliM 
Citizen

Good luck, Serenia - although it seems like you're doing very well already! You've gone nearly two months! Well done .
Top   #115
Citizen

Serenia 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JylliM View Post
Good luck, Serenia - although it seems like you're doing very well already! You've gone nearly two months! Well done .
Thank you! Let's hope I can keep this up!
Top   #116
Seeker

Cocobird55 
Seeker

It's hard not buying decks. It helps that I have a lot of expenses right now and can't afford them anyway.
Top   #117
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Tanga 
Aspiring Mystical Crone

I'm doing well...

EXCEPT - I just found out today, that an acquaintance of mine (much admired) has published her deck.
Bumped into the info by accident.
Well - self-published, probably presently limited edition. And - I've been using it already
from her free download (It's the Frideborg Tarot).

So - that was that for this one - I've just managed to get the last available copy.

Aside form that - I've enrolled a family member to gift me the Luna Fire Tarot when it's out
this summer.

Top   #118
Citizen

earthair 
Citizen

I'm doing so-so
I have bought a few decks, but nowhere near as many as I was buying last year. The real motivation has been lack of space, but I think my collection has now got to the stage where most new decks look so similar to decks I already have that it's getting much easier to resist slight variations.

I've also discovered a great deenabling technique- perfectionism Any decks I buy from now on must meet all or almost all of these criteria-
1) Good card stock, in a proper box/bag (which removes all Llewellyn decks from the mix )
2) No 'meh' or 'eeeek' cards
3) Reversible backs
4) Readable
5) Distinctly different from anything else in my collection
6) Bonus points for not coming with, or needing a book which will take up more space
Top   #119
Citizen

Serenia 
Citizen

Okay, I just broke down and ordered an oracle deck... (I won't say which one it is, but it has beautifully vibrant colours... and unicorns! So what else could I do? ), and some days ago I pre-ordered another one (absolutely gorgeous artwork and very attractive international shipping costs available only now).

But, well, I'm trying to convince myself that I can still achieve my objective for this year! I guess the important thing is to just keep at it!
Top   #120

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.