Was this famous Tarot reader right or wrong?

tarot_quest

I can understand what you mean. You feel she should have been able to tell you this career is not for you and it's not going to happen so just forget about it. That you will stay in the same field you are already in and not go into this other field. But that is not what she saw. Her cards randomly fell in front of her and she said this field would be good for you to go in. Now it's possible she should have seen all of this was going to happen, but the fact that you would be good at this new career is also a fact. You can't exactly dismiss what she said. Now I don't know every detail in this reading but the answer you got to your question could very well be right. You probably need to be in this other field but your not. You might even change your mind again and end up there. Your life isn't over. Your problem was your not qualified, not if you would be good at it. You can still have it if you want it. Maybe you should have asked where will I be in 6 months. Would we still get the same answer? Maybe she would have said " oh yes, you will get a job in that field". Then I'd ask for my money back.

Thanks for this reply :) I agree that in retrospect, I was thinking that she could have warn me that I should not dismiss my original background. I honestly feel that the career path I am pursuing is the good thing for me (and as I said to others, it incorporate something of the field for which I asked the question). I also think that in some years down the road, my career path will lead me to a job that is even closer to the field for which I asked the question. I also understand that the reader doesn't have all jobs in her mind with all the details and qualifications required when doing the reading, so she might have been picking up a general energy and thought that this new field was for me, which is not totally exact. Some aspect of this field (for which I asked the question) would suit me very well, but I know that forgetting about my background would be a mistake.

I also agree that I am not qualified, so even if she said to keep applying, again, she does not know all details about my formation and what people are looking for to hire someone in this field.

Ruby Jewel

I agree that my life is in my ow hands at 100% :). However, I am not blaming the reader at all. I am pretty happy to start a new job and I started this thread because I did not understand what happened, which is a topic for ''how tarot works''. I find you a bit judgmental regarding my original question when you are saying ''totally unacceptable'', but I am not offended. Thanks for your input nonetheless.

I agree with you..."totally unacceptable" is just as applicable to myself. As a writer, I try to edit out all adverbs and most adjectives....but I missed this one. My apologies.

Is it possible that you failed to get the job because you aren't qualified? Nothing is stopping you from becoming qualified and achieving your goal....which is still an option for you. The cards themselves just indicate that the energy is a part of your aura, and therefore achievable. As far as I'm concerned you don't lose until you quit.

FLizarraga

It has been said before, but here it goes again. Nothing you have said supports the idea that the reader was wrong. You asked if you would be suited for a specific field, she answered that question. You tried to get into that field, got discouraged or simply changed your mind, and decided to go down a different path instead.

It does not follow that she was wrong. At all. In fact, I would suggest you to keep sending applications and see what happens...

JylliM

Sounds like the reader should have helped you to formulate a more penetrating question.

tarot_quest

I agree with you..."totally unacceptable" is just as applicable to myself. As a writer, I try to edit out all adverbs and most adjectives....but I missed this one. My apologies.

Is it possible that you failed to get the job because you aren't qualified? Nothing is stopping you from becoming qualified and achieving your goal....which is still an option for you. The cards themselves just indicate that the energy is a part of your aura, and therefore achievable. As far as I'm concerned you don't lose until you quit.

Hi Ruby :) I really appreciate your apologies. Yes, I failed to get a job in this new field because I am not qualified. The thing is, I honestly and deeply feel that this new field would have been a mistake, hence all this questioning. I was feeling very lost when I started to look for this new field (as I said, I wanted to break free from my academic background because I was feeling deeply unhappy by the work environment at that time (i.e. during my PhD)). I agree that this energy (the new field) must be a part of my aura because it integrated more a social aspect about work.

Also, I am a very persistent person who goes for what I truly want in life. Again, I honestly feel that the field I am pursuing now is the one suited for me and that some aspect of the current field will overlap for the field for which I asked the original question to this reader.

tarot_quest

It has been said before, but here it goes again. Nothing you have said supports the idea that the reader was wrong. You asked if you would be suited for a specific field, she answered that question. You tried to get into that field, got discouraged or simply changed your mind, and decided to go down a different path instead.

It does not follow that she was wrong. At all. In fact, I would suggest you to keep sending applications and see what happens...

I sent about 50 applications for this new field over several months and got no answers at all. As I said to Ruby, I was feeling lost when I wanted to join this new field (i.e. I wanted to break free from my PhD background for several reasons).

After I sent the question to this reader, I understood that I could look for a path in which I would combine my background AND something from this new field. However, at the time I asked the question to this reader, I wanted to break completely free from my background. It's not that I am a quitter by not trying harder for this new field. The truth is that I want to use the intellectual part of myself that I developed during my PhD, PLUS a social part of myself. The path I am pursuing now combine both and the path for which I asked that question only touches the social aspect. Thanks for your input!

tarot_quest

Sounds like the reader should have helped you to formulate a more penetrating question.

I think so to! She is a very lovely and skilled reader, but the point of having a reading is to get more enlightenment. It's not like if I asked this question and did nothing. I applied, I kept looking for new jobs, I questioned myself and my long term goals...

I feel that I am truly following my heart and my soul's desire here. The field for which she told me to go (and in which I would find a job soon) would not have been something fulfilling on the long term, I am pretty sure. I know that I have some skills for it, but I would put aside something fundamental in myself, which is my intellectual side. I also stressed that to her during the reading. She also knew that I was broken and that I needed a job ASAP, and that I did not have the required background for this new field.

I am not trying to blame this reader at all, as other have said. I am simply a tarot lover who tries to get how a professional reading is done and how tarot readings unfold. So yes, we could have formulated a different question I guess, you are right :)

magicjack

Hi Tarot_Quest. You are really the one that would know if she was off on her reading or not and if you feel she should have done the reading better then your probably right. Experienced and famous doesn't necessarily mean your great all the time. I believe some professional's get up in the morning and just show up for work. Obviously not all but when your "famous" you may be a very busy person. Maybe too busy. Not long ago I found a tarot reader online offering free 3 card readings. I asked one simple question with no other details given and this reader was so spot on I was amazed. 5 months have past and everything has unfolded exactly the way she predicted, surprisingly I must say. And I too chose a different path by the way. I had to give her feedback on the good job she did. Sometimes they need that, good and bad.

tarot_quest

Hi Tarot_Quest. You are really the one that would know if she was off on her reading or not and if you feel she should have done the reading better then your probably right. Experienced and famous doesn't necessarily mean your great all the time. I believe some professional's get up in the morning and just show up for work. Obviously not all but when your "famous" you may be a very busy person. Maybe too busy. Not long ago I found a tarot reader online offering free 3 card readings. I asked one simple question with no other details given and this reader was so spot on I was amazed. 5 months have past and everything has unfolded exactly the way she predicted, surprisingly I must say. And I too chose a different path by the way. I had to give her feedback on the good job she did. Sometimes they need that, good and bad.

This is food for thought! Famous does not equal accurate all the time. Honestly, when I read her reading, I do feel (even if she did a great job), that she was perhaps in a rush. She told multiple times that she is extremely busy and that here schedule is very tight. I still think that she has a unique way to deliver information in a very kind and compassionate approach. This is my second reading with her. The first one was about love and according to her prediction and take home message, love should come very very soon. Let's see!

It is a very pleasant experience for you if the free reading you got online unfolded perfectly! Thanks for letting me know, because it helps me to believe in tarot even more. For this reader (mine), I am scared to hurt her feelings if I question her or that she will not reply nicely. She is busy after all, so I preferred asking the question over here to get different opinion about her reading.

Thanks again for shimming in! ;)

Ruby Jewel

Deleted and replaced by following post.