Favorite Playing Card Divination Books

WonderGuy

not sure if this is in the right place.
i was wanting anyone's opinion on books for playing card divination.
thanks!

Orenda

That above thread seems to focus on methods not necessarily publications, so thought I would throw out my answer here ;)

Fortune-Telling by Playing Cards: A New Guide to the Ancient Art of Cartomancy
by Nerys Dee

I believe it was mentioned in a thread in 2005 found here, and can be purchased on Amazon here.

WonderGuy

thanks! any and all info is appreciated. the more the better.
:)

cardlady22

I thought I had posted a bunch of the books I own, but I can't find it now. These are the 4 that are quick to get to at the moment:

Cardology The True Meaning of the Cards by M.F. "Chance" Wyatt
The Message: Your Secrets in the Cards by Deborah Leigh
Playing Card Oracles by Ana Cortez & C.J. Freeman
Sabian Symbols in Card Reading by Delle Fowler

No, I don't like sticking with one method. ;)

On his site, Kapherus has these starred as highly recommended:

IT’S WRITTEN IN THE CARDS by Leo Louis Martello
CARD READER’S HANDBOOK by Regina Russell

Other authors are Marthy Jones, Joanne Leslie, Jane Lyle, Sophia, Chita St. Lawrence, Richard Webster, Louise Woods

MareSaturni

My favorite: THE PLAYING CARD ORACLES by Ana Cortez and C.J. Freeman

If you visit my blog, there's a review of the book, along with many readings i've done using it. It's my main reading deck besides tarot and i absolutely LOVE it. I daresay i'm the PCO advocate here at the forum :)

It's not a simplistic method, so some study of it is necessary to get the hang of it. But once you get it, it gives marvelous readings. Personally, i think it poses a revolutionary & unique method of reading playing cards.

You can see some pictures of the deck, along with many reviews, in Amazon.com

Aeclectic has some pictures of the deck but they don't do the deck justice AT ALL. Their quality is HORRIBLE. But it gives you an idea:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/playing-card-oracles/

And if you are interested, the USGames website was selling the SET (yes, cards and book) for US$12 or US$14. Can't remember.

Lela

I have to give my vote to The Playing Card Oracles as well. It really is an under-rated book, but the system set forth in that book is amazing. It also incorporates a bit of geomancy, adding a whole new dimension to interpreting the cards. You don't necessarily need the companion deck that goes with the book either. The system really can be used with any deck of playing cards.

WolfyJames

The book Fortune Teller's Deck by Jane Lyle is quite interesting. The deck that comes with the book is really beautiful on top of that. I like how she talks about the court cards, she doesn't put all the bad rap on the spades/Swords court cards and all the good stuff on the others. They have all good and bad sides.

Unfortunately the set is out-of-print.

http://strangerealms.multiply.com/photos/album/10/Fortune_Tellers_Deck

amethyst57

good book on playing cards....

"Fortunetelling with Playing Cards" written by Jonathan Dee was my primer book; with cards' meanings, history of reading playing cards,
the Romany method, the Petit Lenormand method,etc.

beachcomb

I really loved Simply Fortune Telling with Playing Cards by Jonathan Dee. It's set up and organized really well so you can start right away.