Playing Card Oracles; any advice for first timer?

Teacups

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's a set. They waited that long to put out a set. hmm. I read the descriptions *i though* carefully and didn't come up with "set" but that must be. By far cheaper to get set. OK. My deck just arrived today, but I still need a book

6 Haunted Days

asphodel said:
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's a set. They waited that long to put out a set. hmm. I read the descriptions *i though* carefully and didn't come up with "set" but that must be. By far cheaper to get set. OK. My deck just arrived today, but I still need a book

Actually the creator of this System Ana and her father published their own cards and a book 1st.

The book at least the book I received I (I bought the USG book/deck set) is the book that Ana published herself, and then I assume USG bought up the stock and stuck a logo sticker on the back. That's the only mention of USG in the whole book lol.

And you can certainly tell right off it's not a USG book, it's so beautiful, unique and of a very high quality. They use this awesome red/black ink colour.

lark

Far cheaper to get the set ...I bought the book first at a Mind Body Spirit Expo..read it, was very interested in the deck, so then I had to go looking for the deck...found it on Amzon....but if I would have know about the set from the beginning I sure would have gone that way.

Teacups

Amazon's descriptives suck so bad, I finally figured out that one item is 13.6 oz and the other is over a pound shipping weight... that would account for ONE IS A BOOK and ONE IS A SET. Duh. Why would it be so hard for Amazon to simply STATE THAT????????????????????? grrrrrrrr..... And they recommend them both to you, like you should buy them both, duh, like a need 2 books and 1 deck. Oh Amazon, I both love you :heart: and hate you! :mad:

just looked through my oracle cards -- they came today -- Tendra-ewww! now that's graphic. They kinda remind me of the stuff we used to draw on our PeeChee's in grade school, remember? do they even make peechee any more? Very cool, I like their rough, raw -ness. They emote very clearly

Le Fanu

O no! :( I´m sorry, Aerin... A shame you don´t like them..... Id hate to think Id been instrumental in someone spending money on a deck which they then hated...

One has to be very careful in this forum. One never knows who might be eavesdropping and the effects of our enthusiasm!

Those ones you posted are spectacular. If it´s any consolation; I think they´re much better than the playing card oracles... Id love a set of those...

6 Haunted Days

It happens! If you love a deck you shouldn't be worried about posting about it or being enthusiastic! We all, in the end, decide for ourselves what we want to buy. Some decks just don't do it for us in person that's all.

I don't think I have to careful in posting about a deck I love, what someone buys is their responsibilty, I think she was just saying that the cards she saw and our talk about the authors made her think this deck was for her, but in person it didn't work.

Aerin

Exactly 6HD!

Most of the time, it works: but sometimes.... it doesn't.

I don't mind, I got it at a reasonable price and I can always trade :).

Aerin

ps that deck is interesting isn't it? The company who publishes these few historical interest decks usually does maps.