New Introductory Textbook

Minderwiz

Lee said:

Thanks for the link Lee, I should have included it in my original post, so apologies to US readers.

I've heard from Helena Avelar that they are hoping to release a book on traditional delineation sometime next year. They both have a lot on so at the moment there's no date for this. They are also thinking about a book on predictive methods but that at the moment is simpy at the ideas stage and if it comes off at all it will probably follow the one on delineation, so I would think we are at the very least two years or more away from that.

poivre

I ordered this book for my own study of self.

I can understand the concept and planets, houses,charts etc.
but putting it together is a mess... but I have fun with it! :)

Minderwiz

The book will help you to understand what you are doing and to evaluate planets and planetary relationships. It doesn't go to the extent of a full delineaton, that is likely to be the subject of their next work but it will enable you to get up to an assessment of your (and other persons') temperament. And it will also give you an understanding of where stars and Arabian Parts/Greek Lots fit in.

Sophie

Thank you for the heads-up! It looks good, Minderwiz.

Peter Stockinger

Hello, I have just signed up here as a new member.

David has kindly posted the link to my review of Helena Avelar and Luis Ribeiro’s new book on traditional astrology, and mentioned my work for the Tradition journal and the Tradition library elsewhere, so thank you David.
I have, in return, put a link to the Aeclectic forum on my web log, which may be accessed at:

http://starsandstones.wordpress.com/

Forum members who are interested in traditional astrology, but also astral magic, the Lunar Mansions and the astrological virtues of gemstones, to name only a few topics covered, might find some interesting material there.

For anybody who is on facebook and is interested in my work and what I have to say, you can friend me at
http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Peter-Stockinger/100001244633905 if you wish to do so.

Thank you again, David, for introducing me here and looking forward to hearing from you all,

Best wishes,
Peter

inanna_tarot

wow, thanks for posting the link to the book. I am a complete newbie when it comes to astrology really, traditional or otherwise and so I'd love to start learning more. This book seems like an ideal place to pick up where i've left off on the studying :)

oh and welcome Peter to our wonderful AT

Minderwiz

And I'd love to extend my welcome too, Peter, it's great to see you here!

We're really a forum for beginners and those wishing to develop their knowledge of Astrology.

I'm sure you'll find some of the other forums very interesting as well as this one given your interests. And please don't be too critical about my attempts to explaing the traditional approach in the thread of that name but your occasional take on things would be really appreciated.

Peter Stockinger

Thank you for your warm welcome David, and, of course, inanna_tarot.

I am not critical at all about your explanations, David. Having read through it quickly, I think you did a very good job, providing an overview for interested beginners.

I will try to catch up on what's been said here from time to time and I am willing to help out, if the need arises.

Keep up the good work & best wishes :)