Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

OaksWhispering 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenafletcher View Post
I came across this deck last night when I saw it on Instagram. I was immediately taken with the art, but what a DISAPPOINTMENT to hear about the awful cardstock. I can't justify buying it now, no matter how much I like the art and imagery.
I personally have no issue with the card stock, I am not sure why people hate it so much, but that is just me. I think it is better than my Faeries Oracle deck cardstock.
Top   #61
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

It is on the thin side - which bothers me not a lot.

But it is WAY better than the Animal Totem stock.
Top   #62
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
It is on the thin side - which bothers me not a lot.

But it is WAY better than the Animal Totem stock.
Lol. I really like the way Animal Totem reads, it's given me some great readings. But the cardstock is pretty grim and makes the deck virtually unshufflable, I feel like I'm wrestling it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Top   #63
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
Lol. I really like the way Animal Totem reads, it's given me some great readings. But the cardstock is pretty grim and makes the deck virtually unshufflable, I feel like I'm wrestling it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Yes indeed. VILE stock. Some of the worst I've ever seen And Spellcaster is HUGELY better than this !
Top   #64
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

I should probably be clear: the Spellcaster cards handle very well. They're nicely "whippy," also smooth on the face and slightly "toothy" on the back. I like the way they feel in hand. But I can't see getting heavy or extended use out of them with heavy-handed clients mauling them. As Le Fanu said somewhere about the card stock, " 'tis paper." For ritual use, this wouldn't seem to matter much, but in public use it could be a deal-breaker.
Top   #65
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

I love my deck. the cards are llewellyn cards, but i like them easy to use. the box setup is soooo unllewllyn. really nice for them
Top   #66
Resident

JeniReadsTarot 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenafletcher View Post
I came across this deck last night when I saw it on Instagram. I was immediately taken with the art, but what a DISAPPOINTMENT to hear about the awful cardstock. I can't justify buying it now, no matter how much I like the art and imagery.
I actually quite like the cardstock. It is thin, yes, but it shuffles really nicely. I have small hands so anything that reduces the size of a deck is usually ok by me.
Top   #67
Resident

JeniReadsTarot 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
I should probably be clear: the Spellcaster cards handle very well. They're nicely "whippy," also smooth on the face and slightly "toothy" on the back. I like the way they feel in hand. But I can't see getting heavy or extended use out of them with heavy-handed clients mauling them. As Le Fanu said somewhere about the card stock, " 'tis paper." For ritual use, this wouldn't seem to matter much, but in public use it could be a deal-breaker.

This is a very accurate description, actually. I take your point about public use. I'm not at that level of reading for others yet. All of my work in internet/email based right now.
Top   #68
Citizen

OaksWhispering 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Ah, I see. I am a casual reader so it is good for me. I definitely wouldn't be able to use it as my go to if I did a lot of readings for others.
Top   #69
Resident

athenafletcher 
Resident

So who here thinks that the pros of the deck outweigh the thin cardstock? I really like the art!
Top   #70

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.