Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 15 - #15

tink27

huredriel said:
I AM Spider Woman :)

Huredriels, “I AM spider woman”, inspired me to do this simple web of the spider. When the spider has completed its weave, it cuts away the ‘primary spiral’ once the supporting framework is complete and replaces it with a spiral of gooey sticky thread!! Doesn't the spiral look like the progression of the foetus?

I think we could learn a lot from the spider who spends her whole life spinning and weaving.…..

Attachments

• The weaver.jpg
    The weaver.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 151

mooncat2

tink27 said:
Huredriels, “I AM spider woman”, inspired me to do this simple web of the spider. When the spider has completed its weave, it cuts away the ‘primary spiral’ once the supporting framework is complete and replaces it with a spiral of gooey sticky thread!! Doesn't the spiral look like the progression of the foetus?

I think we could learn a lot from the spider who spends her whole life spinning and weaving.…..
How interesting.......yes it does. Great pictures.

Spiralling outward............ the strands of the web connected and growing .A beautiful trap to draw her prey into..........when her work is done she sits back and waits...........and watches.

Here in the SS we are spider woman............weaving our threads. It seems just a tiny group but have you been watching the viewing count. The other night I came in and there were 18 people here in the study group........and nothing else in sight to read except symbols. I hope they're enjoying our efforts ! :)

:love:

tink27

mooncat2 said:
How interesting.......yes it does. Great pictures.

Spiralling outward............ the strands of the web connected and growing .A beautiful trap to draw her prey into..........when her work is done she sits back and waits...........and watches.

Here in the SS we are spider woman............weaving our threads. It seems just a tiny group but have you been watching the viewing count. The other night I came in and there were 18 people here in the study group........and nothing else in sight to read except symbols. I hope they're enjoying our efforts ! :)

:love:

Hi Mooncat2,

In all honesty, I have a great fear of spiders. As a child I couldn't be in the same room with one......rarely did I venture into the basement for fear of finding one or it finding me!!

I'm still afraid of them.....to a lesser degree, but their webs absolutely fascinate me!

Without a web most spiders could not survive. It is for the spider a visual point of the self, a spirit contained in matter, a universe within a universe that continually evolves, disintegrates and then comes into being again.

There are interesting similarities to the spider's web, our chakras and our auras, which can display a dynamic tapistry of energy.....if we are aware....just like the spider, we too would feel and respond to the most minute vibrations of our web!

mooncat2 said:
The other night I came in and there were 18 people here in the study group........and nothing else in sight to read except symbols. I hope they're enjoying our efforts ! :)

How wonderful!! It makes me proud to be a part of this study with all of you! Just think if they joined in ......wow!....imagine the revelations we would all share!

tink :love:

huredriel

Not been able to get back here for a while, so some random thoughts & notes, hopefully not a total repeat of everything that's already been posted ....

Reading through here, my thought/image is of an elderly woman, sitting at dusk ...... by a warm fire ..... out in the open ..... stitching away ..... first thought was of the Indian representing the self ...... yet then another thought ..... what if she is also a guide ...... a *record keeper*?

1 and 5 ....... the self merging with Tradition .... honouring the past .... fire, air and earth ..... the 3 elements of the physical, material plane ... to give form, shape and substance ...... *to the etheric form of our energy*.

For each physical incarnation, a blanket ...... each a *map* that tells a story of the soul's progression ... *time* resonates for me here ... not to be rushed ..... hurried ...... not to have steps missed...... for if a step (stitch) is missed .... she will have to undo all that has been done, retrace her steps ...... to pick it up ...... before once more pushing onwards.

Hmmmm, the blanket, our life .... one per individual .... per incarnation .... a batch making up a cycle .... so that when overlaid, they blend together?

Slow, patience, care ..... indeed diligence needed.

Yet as I'm typing this ..... I also think of the shape ...... blankets are normally pretty rectangular ...... 4 sides ..... not sure where I'm going with this ..... but I see the correlation of 4 with the Emperor in tarot ..... stability, security ....... as we work through life trying to get these aspects in our lives, we weave our story ...... but also *dimensions* pop into my head ......... I think we are in the 3rd dimension ....... what is the fourth ...... where will the finished blanket take us?

Blankets give warmth ...... protection ...... sometimes shelter ....... when you are feeling ill, all you want to do is snuggle under them ......... they're great for playing with as children ....... used to make camps, games using the imagination ........ which leads me to say for some reason

What are you using your blanket for right now?

huredriel

tink27 said:
In all honesty, I have a great fear of spiders. As a child I couldn't be in the same room with one......rarely did I venture into the basement for fear of finding one or it finding me!!
Tink, a thought ....... since I really get the shivers with spiders too ........ perhaps try and talk to them (ok sounds a bit daft I know) ...... but start with the tiny ones ...... I found one (that wasn't quite so tiny) in my bedroom, high on the wall ...... above where my head was gonna be!!! So I asked it to move otherwise I would have to hoover it up ...... it wasn't there when I went to bed ;) ....... and if it had of been, and I had had to hoover it up, well at least I gave it a choice :D ...... since I started I've actually managed to progress up in size from miniscule to small :D ..... the big ones however are a different matter :D!

tink27

huredriel said:
Tink, a thought ....... since I really get the shivers with spiders too ........ perhaps try and talk to them (ok sounds a bit daft I know) ...... but start with the tiny ones ...... I found one (that wasn't quite so tiny) in my bedroom, high on the wall ...... above where my head was gonna be!!! So I asked it to move otherwise I would have to hoover it up ...... it wasn't there when I went to bed ;) ....... and if it had of been, and I had had to hoover it up, well at least I gave it a choice :D ...... since I started I've actually managed to progress up in size from miniscule to small :D ..... the big ones however are a different matter :D!

I don't think it's daft at all! :D I've calmed down a little with the tiny ones but oh gosh huredriel, if one were on my ceiling, forget it...I'm out of there! I remember as a little girl, trying to hit a spider on the ceiling and it fell into my blouse!! Ohh what a sight!!! No only did I pee my pants, I broke the nearby lamp.....everything including me when tumbling!! If anyone would have seen me, they would have locked me up in the funny house!! :D

(giggle) As I typed this, I quickly glanced up, whew no spiders there!

tink :love:

huredriel

:D:D:D Sorry tink ........ but I just have this image now of a little girl hopping up and down, shrieking ....... all itchy, trying to get the spider out when it was probably more frightened than you ...... I :heart: my Dyson ....... it works a treat with spiders *feels bad for saying that*