Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 5 - #125

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 5
Number: 125

Symbol: ROCK FORMATIONS TOWERING OVER A DEEP CANYON.

MCsea

Oh I love these geological sybmols - I have a friend who is drawing the symbols and the one she has drawn of this is one of my favs :)

Jones Key Word: Endurance
Jane Ridder-Patrick : Right carotid artery
Crystal : Sandstone Sandstone a quartz-felspar rich sedimentary rock often forms highly visible cliffs. Spiritually, sandstone provides enduring strength and energy - its true, we often surround ourselves with sandstone - walls, paths and sculptures

A few ideas - Resilience enduring strength support, withstand hardships, Panoramic outlook, permanence and stability. Geoogy - geological history - long time periods - weathering chemical and physical. It reminds me of physical places - canyons, cliffs, gardens etc.

I also think of this hymn -
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
[originally When my eye-strings break in death]
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

I know its the 'rock' rather than the physical rock - cause physical rock can bread down - over eons, but its the nature of rock the power and energy... I do love that hymn....

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 190

tink27

Hmm, lovely pic purple_scorp!

Earth offers us a ground a foothold, to help us pull together all kinds of elements and blend them all together. Earth’s sensuous beauty and geometrical design encourages us to recognize our own limitations which in turn allows us to rise up and go beyond the Self.

As our mind’s rise up, we are able to see a grander perspective of things….we begin to carve out an identity for ourselves. Rocks and mountains are the bones of the earth……the lakes and rivers helps to define and give her a pulse, awakening her full potential….a creative energy-rich current of living information.

This thought definitely ties in with Marina's hymn

Marina said:
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
[originally When my eye-strings break in death]
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Without water, the earth would not flourish.....so too with our bodies....our bodily fluids, our blood helps our bodies and our emotions to align with a Divine design!

tink :love:

tink27

Body Part - Right Carotid Artery

Just like the Left Carotid, the Right Carotid Artery flows up the right side of our neck into the right hemisphere of our brain. This is our intuitive, senstive, emotional side that is attracted to art, music, poetry,...it is where we find our greatest inspiration....it helps us to release tensions and allows us to journey to higher levels of self-awareness. This is an inspirational person of insight, vision and with a wider perspective of things....kind of like a camera's wide anged lense bringing in new theories, original ideas and interesting projects.

But without a ground, this intuitive, emotional side can create a dreamer, someone who can at times look out of place with the world. (I think we can all relate to this one at some point in our lives...I certainly do!)

Interesting note: Words going in the right ear are recorded by the left hemisphere and words going into the left ear are recorded by the right hemisphere.

Syllables are apparently heard better from the right ear....I thought this to be very interesting....sound vibrates within our nervous system, releasing within us, new forms of expression.

tink :love:

MCsea

Leo 5
Birthdays: July 26th –28th
Numerology: 125
Sabian Symbol: Rock formations at the edge of a precipice
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Endurance
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Right carotid artery
Crystal Element: Sandstone
Expression: Sandstone, a quartz-felspar-rich sedimentary rock, often forms highly visible cliffs. Spiritually, sandstone provides enduring strength and energy.
Message: Resilience and enduring strength lead to higher awareness.
Sun Focus: You are a rock of strength and support, enabling others to withstand hardships.
Affirmation: I am blessed with stability of mind from which I have a panoramic view.