Three images - Meaning?

Flames

I'm usually very good at interpreting my own dreams. I can ascertain their meaning while I'm dreaming. :) It's quite fascinating. I'm not sure if I can call, what I'm about to describe, as dreams, though. I don't know what they are, to be honest.

I had the headphones on listening to music. And I guess I was dozing off. It started with me thinking of something and then the thought branches out and a new picture or image starts to form...a landscape...

I was caught off guard by a man. He reminded me of the King of Wands. He had blonde, golden hair sitting in a chair, like a throne and he was so laid back, very relaxed. And he was reading the paper. Behind him, I could sense, was a gathering or some kind of celebration. The image felt bright and full of life and light. I know that it was evening, that it was warm out. He looked right at me and winked, as if to show that he knew I was just passing through. There was an understanding between us. I wasn't "in" the dream. I was observing "outside" of the dream looking in. Well, as soon as I became "aware" of the image, my eyes opened and my immediate thought was, "Wow, what was THAT?"

I closed my eyes again...and I remember suddenly being confronted by a black and white photo of a man. The image moved, slightly. He smiled like he knew me. He felt familiar. I knew that I knew him. It was of a different time...and yet, kind of modern looking, too. I smiled back. Again, as soon as I became aware of myself experiencing this "encounter", I opened my eyes. I told myself, "Okay...that's interesting, too. Maybe I'm just going in and out of consciousness very easily..."

I shut my eyes again. And after a few seconds (I'm assuming was only a few seconds), I saw an image of a woman...maybe a Goddess. She had six arms and was wearing a beautiful golden crown. Her colours were so rich...I mean, she was so striking. She was also smiling and appeared to be moving and dancing. The sight of her woke me up!

These three images reminded me of what happens when I'm reading "sacred" text in a dream, or when I wake up saying certain words and statements that I know can't be coming from "me." As soon as I become aware of myself, I lose the connection, as though I'm getting in the way. I don't want to lose the connection. I would have loved to stay with them but there's an excitement and a slight fear once I become "aware." I'm easily pulled back into the waking-world and out of that state.

Can anyone tell me about the woman? I did some research and my understanding is that she represents Vasudhara, a buddhist deity. I don't know my goddesses very well. Any input about her or the other images would be very much appreciated. I know they have meaning for me at this time.

Thank you very much.

BrightEye

The six arms would certainly suggest an Asian origin to your goddess. What connection do you have to Buddhism or Hinduism?

THe man is probably your soulmate, or your desire for one.

GotH

I'm sorry, I don't have much of a clue as to what and who but I can say that I think you being able to go in and out of a dream state consciousness like that is pretty awesome. It's like watching a movie from your own mind.

So were you just relaxing when this was happening? Not sleeping?

Flames

The six arms would certainly suggest an Asian origin to your goddess. What connection do you have to Buddhism or Hinduism?

THe man is probably your soulmate, or your desire for one.

It's odd...I have no connection. I was raised Catholic, although I'm not a practicing one. I am drawn to images of Krishna and the gopis. :) Buddhism, for example, doesn't really "speak" to me, although I have an immense appreciation for it.

I was struck by the first image because of all the yellow hues and the figure's clothing, too. He was dressed in white, maybe pale yellow...reminded me of Middle Eastern robes. There was also gold in it. I knew that he was English.

When I saw the man in the black and white photo, I thought, "Oh my God. Where have you been?" LOL I knew that he "got me." :) His face was much more visible to me than the first one. He seemed closer. I don't understand why the image was in black and white. I find that fascinating.

Flames

I'm sorry, I don't have much of a clue as to what and who but I can say that I think you being able to go in and out of a dream state consciousness like that is pretty awesome. It's like watching a movie from your own mind.

So were you just relaxing when this was happening? Not sleeping?

Right...it was like watching a movie from my own mind. I was just relaxing, listening to music with the headphones on...not sleeping. I think that's why these 'dreams' feel different to me when I experience them. The images keep coming and coming and I'm aware of them all. I felt an overwhelming sense of peace.

celticnoodle

If not a dream, the only thing I can think of is you are transporting yourself either into a past or future life?

I have gone back in time during meditation and it is just as you describe it. I know I have gone back in time to a period where I lived and in the home I lived in. Once it was in a guided meditation with a shaman--to find a past life and to also see how I passed away. I had met up with myself as a young woman in the 1920s and she lived in NYC. It was/she was very familiar to me already, as I had gone back in time and seen her a few times before this shaman led me back in time. I had no idea that I'd be going back to this woman when this leading meditation was happening.

Anyway, it sounds like what you are describing. Very interesting, Flames!

As for the Vasudhara, I'm not sure what to say about that. Perhaps it is a visit with her actually, or perhaps it is just a vivid sign that you are soon to be rewarded with wealth, as she is the deity of wealth. :)

Flames

If not a dream, the only thing I can think of is you are transporting yourself either into a past or future life?

I have gone back in time during meditation and it is just as you describe it. I know I have gone back in time to a period where I lived and in the home I lived in. Once it was in a guided meditation with a shaman--to find a past life and to also see how I passed away. I had met up with myself as a young woman in the 1920s and she lived in NYC. It was/she was very familiar to me already, as I had gone back in time and seen her a few times before this shaman led me back in time. I had no idea that I'd be going back to this woman when this leading meditation was happening.

Anyway, it sounds like what you are describing. Very interesting, Flames!

As for the Vasudhara, I'm not sure what to say about that. Perhaps it is a visit with her actually, or perhaps it is just a vivid sign that you are soon to be rewarded with wealth, as she is the deity of wealth. :)

Hi CN! Okay, I should say - although, I feel slightly embarrassed to mention this - that I was "rocking" back and forth while I was listening to the music. I guess that would put me in a trance like state, wouldn't it? I developed the rocking habit as a child, so whenever I listen to music (when I'm by myself or with my partner :)), I "rock." It's soothing. My partner was sitting next to me watching an art film and caressing my right arm. I know, sounds weird...just something he does for me to help me relax. I had a bad case of insomnia a year ago and he would caress my head or arm to help. He doesn't need to do this anymore but it does feel nice. :) That's how I know I wasn't asleep...

I've had lucid dreams where I'm a part of the landscape, fully participating and interacting with what's happening. I know that no matter how hard I try, I can't physically move. When I do "move", I believe it's my astral body that's moving. I can open my eyes, and I had been under the illusion that I was physically opening them but that's not the case - based on some research I've done. Maybe these are classified as out of body experiences? All I know is that when I open my "eyes", I can see my room, my surroundings, exactly how things are in the waking world. I can see myself lying there on the bed and when I go to move my arm, let's say, it's my "other" arm that's moving, coming out of my physical body. It's comprised of light and tiny stars. One time, I was holding onto a silver chain coming out of my abdomen. Then there are other dreams...of strange visitations...some, prophetic in nature.

I'm either watching what's happening (like a film) through my third eye (a guess), dreaming by being "in" it, "hearing" words and sentences as though the sounds are entering through the forehead and not the ears (clairaudience), or I'm having out of body experiences. Are they ALL considered dreams?

Last night, for the first time, I was using the Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards. I "inherited" it from the most unexpected source...a woman I've gotten to know from a coffee shop we both go to. Well, I was just getting a feel for them and a couple of cards formed a ship and a ring. Both of these images and their positions, indicated that wealth was coming my way. Hmmm. :) I don't know much about oracle decks but want to learn.

The woman had six arms. Intuitively, I knew that before I registered who she could be. The information about the arms came to me before I, visually, confirmed and verified it. She looked right at me...the warmest smile ever. She had dark hair. The colours she wore and the light that surrounded her...wow!!

Vasudhara holds a water-filled vessel, a sheaf of corn/grain, a book of wisdom, and wish-fulfilling jewels. Maybe, I need to offer her some devotion. Thanks, CN. :)

BrightEye

When I saw the man in the black and white photo, I thought, "Oh my God. Where have you been?" LOL I knew that he "got me." :) His face was much more visible to me than the first one. He seemed closer. I don't understand why the image was in black and white. I find that fascinating.

Could you date the photograph? Was it contemporary or from a different historical period?

celticnoodle

Hi CN! Okay, I should say - although, I feel slightly embarrassed to mention this - that I was "rocking" back and forth while I was listening to the music. I guess that would put me in a trance like state, wouldn't it? I developed the rocking habit as a child, so whenever I listen to music (when I'm by myself or with my partner :)), I "rock." It's soothing. My partner was sitting next to me watching an art film and caressing my right arm. I know, sounds weird...just something he does for me to help me relax. I had a bad case of insomnia a year ago and he would caress my head or arm to help. He doesn't need to do this anymore but it does feel nice. :) That's how I know I wasn't asleep...

:) not anything to be embarrassed about at all. I think this is very sweet. You have a great SO there.

It does sound very much like a prophetic vision with the deity and I'd still say that the other was more then likely a visit with someone you had a relationship with in a previous time.

Very cool experience. You should start a diary about these and record it so you can later go back and see if any of it comes to really mean something to you later. And, like BrightEye mentioned, perhaps you can 'date' the period from the visions with the men. Keep us posted! :)

danieljuk

I get images like this quite often and sometimes in dreams and meditation but most of the time they are not! I spend half my life working them out :)

You saw the person as a King of Wands but a relaxed laid back version. I think only you can really know what this represents in your life, could it be like BE suggested about soul mates or someone in your future or past? It's really the connection that you feel! If he is linked with the Wands card, he is fully in control and using his fire passion! A leader or business owner or someone with power, perhaps it is what you want or someone you know. I would see the King card like in your vision. I would see them as someone at a family celebration who would go and read the business paper nearby but that is not met in any offence but perhaps they had their quota of the celebration and now back to business (or anything that is his major passion) :)

black and white photo like others have said could represent the past. But also what about black and white thinking? things are never as simple as black and white, life is not absolutes, there is all greys and the shades inbetween! or perhaps you need to add more colour to you life! (or that man needs some excitement, from the photo!).

Finally the Goddess Vasudhara, I am not an expect in this area and there is others in the forum who are far more into their Hinduism and Buddism but from having a look on Google, there is Vasudhara (6 armed) and Lakshmi (4 armed) who are both Goddesses of wealth. They are worshipped through out the world by the many different people, but especially some of the poorest and in hardship, for their dreams to come true. Vasudhara is big in Nepal, Tibetan monks worship her and she even has her own cult. She is worshipped for abundance and wealth, the promise of future treasure!

So my take on the dream, either this is about a soul mate or what you desire, he is someone who can bring stability and you would not have any financial problems (I wish for the same thing :D) but they could be a bit boring. They can provide for you (or you and the family). With the black and white photo and the image you saw of him away from the celebration, they might not be a joining in fun time! his love is business! That could be the annoying thing about him and you might try constantly to do interesting things with him! The fact there is Vasudhara makes me turn slightly to the idea this is desire! but it could be predictive!

I had reoccurring dreams for 3 years that I would meet a guy who really interested me and eventually would become a very famous artist, but I knew him before 'the big time'. I knew from the dream exactly what the guy looked like, every detail but it's never happened sadly! I think mine was desire, every morning from those dreams I woke up happy!

So what will be interesting in future is if this is a real person or a desire? :)

ETA: love this very old Bronze of Vasudhara - http://www.asia.si.edu/collections/new-acquisitions/S2012.2.asp