Clarifying Clairaudience

celestial

In the past, I've "heard" a variety of sounds that I can't quite make out, and it's frustrating.

On a couple of occasions, I've had very clear, very loud (and very hostile) messages, but most of the time it's like there's a jumble of voices in the distance and I can't quite hear what they're saying. Other times I've heard words or phrases but I wasn't able to make it out. It's like talking to someone and you hear -- but don't understand -- what they're saying, so you ask them to repeat it (either because the environment is loud or they've mumbled or spoken too quickly, whatever). But when I ask the "voice" to repeat, I get nada.

Recently, I've had two instances where the "voice" seems to really be struggling to make human sounds, so I'll get a sort of gutteral, broken English type of message. I pay especially close attention to those because there's clearly so much effort behind it, but recently I took my crystal ball to bed with me, and as I laid there, I said that I wanted to be able to talk to my angel (the one revealed in GoddessoftheHunt's scrying), and I heard the most beautiful and melodious voice utter a single word. But I don't know what the word is! Again, I couldn't make it out and wanted a repetition, but no such luck.

Assuming that I'm not just experiencing some sort of aural hallucination, how do you get more clarification on unclear messages? Obviously, I feel like they're important or the "spirit" wouldn't bother talking to me, so I feel like it's my responsibility to understand. I feel bad when I don't.

EmpressArwen

In the past, I've "heard" a variety of sounds that I can't quite make out, and it's frustrating.

On a couple of occasions, I've had very clear, very loud (and very hostile) messages, but most of the time it's like there's a jumble of voices in the distance and I can't quite hear what they're saying. Other times I've heard words or phrases but I wasn't able to make it out. It's like talking to someone and you hear -- but don't understand -- what they're saying, so you ask them to repeat it (either because the environment is loud or they've mumbled or spoken too quickly, whatever). But when I ask the "voice" to repeat, I get nada.

Recently, I've had two instances where the "voice" seems to really be struggling to make human sounds, so I'll get a sort of gutteral, broken English type of message. I pay especially close attention to those because there's clearly so much effort behind it, but recently I took my crystal ball to bed with me, and as I laid there, I said that I wanted to be able to talk to my angel (the one revealed in GoddessoftheHunt's scrying), and I heard the most beautiful and melodious voice utter a single word. But I don't know what the word is! Again, I couldn't make it out and wanted a repetition, but no such luck.

Assuming that I'm not just experiencing some sort of aural hallucination, how do you get more clarification on unclear messages? Obviously, I feel like they're important or the "spirit" wouldn't bother talking to me, so I feel like it's my responsibility to understand. I feel bad when I don't.

Just give it time. As you become more open to these sort of messages, it will get easier. But a word of warning, not everyone who comes through will be good. The hostile message and the guttural sounds make me nervous. I've had experience with this and it is not fun. Please protect yourself spiritually. It's better to be proactive than reactive.

celestial

Thanks, EmpressArwen. I've been hearing things for as long as I can remember, so I think I'm open enough, just too hard of hearing (or too dense), perhaps. The gutteral messages have always been positive, so I was thinking they might be coming from my animals. I don't know. I did only recently start asking directly to communicate, but I'm SOL on the protection side, so maybe I should not ask again and should just ignore anything that does make it through. :(

EmpressArwen

Thanks, EmpressArwen. I've been hearing things for as long as I can remember, so I think I'm open enough, just too hard of hearing (or too dense), perhaps. The gutteral messages have always been positive, so I was thinking they might be coming from my animals. I don't know. I did only recently start asking directly to communicate, but I'm SOL on the protection side, so maybe I should not ask again and should just ignore anything that does make it through. :(

Other people on here can give you protection ideas. I ask Archangel Michael to protect me. I don't know if you have a belief system but you can start there. Don't shut it off, just make sure you don't let just anyone in.

celestial

Other people on here can give you protection ideas. I ask Archangel Michael to protect me. I don't know if you have a belief system but you can start there. Don't shut it off, just make sure you don't let just anyone in.

Well, I've always had a sort of contentious relationship with my guides/angels, and a couple of days ago I told them in no uncertain terms to f' off, that I was wasting their time and they'd be more productive helping someone else, so I don't really feel like I can ask for help now! :-/ I guess I'm burning my bridges so I don't feel so damned guilty all the time. I am clearly really good at not listening anyway, so there is that going for me. I'd still like to know what's being said, though. lol

EmpressArwen

Well, I've always had a sort of contentious relationship with my guides/angels, and a couple of days ago I told them in no uncertain terms to f' off, that I was wasting their time and they'd be more productive helping someone else, so I don't really feel like I can ask for help now! :-/ I guess I'm burning my bridges so I don't feel so damned guilty all the time. I am clearly really good at not listening anyway, so there is that going for me. I'd still like to know what's being said, though. lol

Your guides/guardian angels will not leave you, no matter what you say...they are HERE for you for life. Ask them for help..it's what they do. lol

celestial

Your guides/guardian angels will not leave you, no matter what you say...they are HERE for you for life. Ask them for help..it's what they do. lol

Poor things! lol Thanks, EA.

Flames

Hi Celestial! :)

You might find this thread interesting.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=222920 (See #7 - Mellaenn provides a prayer for protection).

I hear words/sentences in my sleep, upon awakening. The words are jumbled and I find myself trying to make sense of them. It feels like I'm holding on as hard as I can, like I'm trying to assemble the words, put them in their proper order. Other times, the sentences are clear and coherent and I wake up saying them exactly as I heard them. Everything I hear, I look up...I find out as much as I can about the word/s, especially if I wake up saying a name, or an animal...sometimes, it's a place...Often, it feels like the words are coming through the forehead (that's the best way I can describe it).

I've had words come through that weren't so nice...in fact, they were downright, frightening. But, I don't pay them any attention. I had to learn that, though. Everything you place your attention on, grows. If I get a pleasant and calming sensation in my chest area, I know the message is inherently a good one and that I need to pay attention. If it creates a stirring in the mind, some kind of upset, a persistent "dark" thought...I don't give it any power! I treat it like I would a thought...I watch it "move" but it doesn't take me with it! Like I said, I had to learn that and it wasn't easy, but well worth it! Any time you delve into the Mysteries, something of equal measure will be there to greet you at the other end, from the other end. It's a law of Nature. You seek out the good...and the not so good will be knocking on your door...as a way of testing your resolve. Black and white, lights and shadows...all a part of life.

You can't force yourself to hear anything. I think it has to do with "density", like you mention. You'll hear what you're supposed to hear. If we're tangled up, messages don't come through as easily. Depends on the frequency...

And...I tell them off, too! :( No word of a lie. Sometimes, I'm mean :(...but, it's really just hurt and pain disguised as anger. They know that. Actually, I find that when I'm the meanest, or at my lowest, that's when they draw closer...That's how the light gets in...;) :heart:

celticnoodle

Trust me, they understand that when you do tell them to f' off, that it is out of anger for which they and you are not fully responsible. As EmpressArwen mentions - they will NEVER leave you! No matter what. They are with you to follow you and help you on this journey and will never abandon you- no matter how ugly and mean you get!

And, if it makes you feel any better, just apologize to them and ask for their help and guidance. :)

eta: oops! not sure what happened, but it posted before I told it to! (Can I still blame Mercury Retrograde? :p)

The thread to the Archangel Michael prayer that Flames provided is an excellent prayer to recite. However, if that sort of prayer is not your thing--anything you wish to 'say' that makes you feel protected will do too.

I also hear things all the time! (I am a medium after all). There are times when it is so crisp clear, I don't even have to pay close attention--as I get it just as if they are standing right beside me and talking to me. Then there are times when I have to really pay close attention and even then, I can't quite get it.

And, yes, I have also dealt with things and spirits that were not so nice! But I again call on my guides to help me, protect me and in the case of a bad spirit--to get rid of them. Again, Archangel Michael is great for that too!

Flames is also correct that you need to not even think of the things that are not so nice--so you don't give it power to grow. When you are using these abilities that we have, you will get some good and some bad. So, it is good to ground and protect yourself continuously/as needed.

Any time you delve into the Mysteries, something of equal measure will be there to greet you at the other end, from the other end. It's a law of Nature. You seek out the good...and the not so good will be knocking on your door...as a way of testing your resolve. Black and white, lights and shadows...all a part of life.

yep. I couldn't have said it better myself!

But, do not give up. Keep on trying, and developing your abilities. Practice is always good! This is how you grow!

Good Luck to you.

LittleOne

This is a fascinating topic for me as I am interested, but also very scared, or wanting to reach out.

I have heard my name a few times in my life - always at night in the dark - as a very clear voice in my head (that's the only way I can describe it). Only ever my name. Other times I can feel something in the room. A knowing it is there. And once I got an impression of it. It was frightening in its appearance but I didn't feel it was bad... If that makes sense.

But it's the opening of the floodgates I worry about. I have also been having a lot of dreams about poltergeists.