Does anyone know Golden Girl?

LuzBlanca

Although the woman can be a true tarot reader, the
email newsletter is a scam, a total scam.

Ask you mom this and its very simple

"Picture yourself writing a letter that long and with such perfect grammar and
format"

"How long do you think it would take?"
"Do you think someone before receiving $$$ would take the time
to write such a long detailed letter cater just to one person?"

The answer is definitely Not!
That letter took hours to write and prepare.
No one would site there for hrs and editing free of charge.
That exact letter is sent to **hundreds of people and anyone can associate themselves with the issues mentioned there.

It is not meant for your mom and she should never take it personally.

Chimera Dust

This definitely sounds like a pre-made letter, with the name of mailing list subscribers being inserted where needed. If you'd like to test it out for yourself, sign up at her website if there is such an option with a completely made up and even ridiculous name. You'll be receiving that sort of e-mails soon.

It's not very uncommon, some scammers do this even by postal mail. They get their hands on people's names (usually by making them sign up for mailing lists somehow) and then make standard letters that are sent out to every subscriber with only the names changed. It's also always about trying to convince people that they *need* the reader's services and making things sound more important than they are. I remember getting mail from someone who kept trying to convince me that I was chosen for some quest that would bring me glory and money, and all I had to do to unlock my true heroic potential was to give them money.

Tell your mother that she shouldn't worry and show her that test. I agree with you, if she wants readings she can ask you or someone you trust and know is a good, reputable reader. If she agrees it's junk mail but it makes her nervous, just convince her to add that e-mail address to her SPAM filter so she will no longer have to see those e-mails to begin with.

danieljuk

there was a scam in the UK where an Eastern European fortune teller (from somewhere like Bulgaria or Hungry) would randomly write to you! this was like 10 years ago. I got a letter randomly in the post and I did send money in the first instance. I got a cardboard "curse removal" omen type thing. it was complete crap for the money. The cardboard symbol was blessed with magic energy to remove negativity from your life! :eek:

That was "stage one" and you had to send more money for more stuff. At the time I was young and naive and fell for it. But after the first rubbish thing I was out of that scam! Some elderly and vulnerable people kept sending money though! to get more and more help against negativity!

It was such a con because it wasn't even tarot reading or fortune telling. The letters were so pre formed!

A year later an investigative show set off to find this woman. They searched Europe and went through many many mail redirects and found out she didn't exist (probably) and it was just a mail service. Someone got VERY rich from that! it disappeared as a scam soon after that! Feel for anyone who spent £$€ on her!

from all the wonderful people I know on here and off, that do some form or divination, they never ever contact the person first! this sort of thing makes life harder for all the professional readers :(

seven stars

Someone wrote to me who must have seen this thread (she was saying she got messages from Golden Girl too) & thought I was offering free readings.....I'm not sure where that connection came from....unless it's a reading I'm doing in here for people on the forum (which, I don't think I've even done that yet just because I don't have a lot of time), normally I do charge for readings. But mostly I *make* cards. And do street readings. & parties. Book me for a party hahaha! But I don't think I've posted anywhere that I do free readings. Have I? I don't think I have....

She says that when you click by my picture here there's something that pops up & says "get a free question in 30 seconds"........she has to be seeing it wrong somehow....?

Bookwight

Someone wrote to me who must have seen this thread (she was saying she got messages from Golden Girl too) & thought I was offering free readings.....I'm not sure where that connection came from....unless it's a reading I'm doing in here for people on the forum (which, I don't think I've even done that yet just because I don't have a lot of time), normally I do charge for readings. But mostly I *make* cards. And do street readings. & parties. Book me for a party hahaha! But I don't think I've posted anywhere that I do free readings. Have I? I don't think I have....

She says that when you click by my picture here there's something that pops up & says "get a free question in 30 seconds"........she has to be seeing it wrong somehow....?

What she's seeing there is one of AT's ads. As a subscriber you wouldn't see it (though if you view the forum while logged out you might), but there's always an ad in the first post of every thread, and yep, it's sometimes one that offers a free reading in 30 seconds or whatever. You can let her know that's just an ad on this site and nothing to do with you personally. :)

Meanwhile…I'm curious to know if you ever managed to convince your mom Golden Girl was a scam?

seven stars

What she's seeing there is one of AT's ads. As a subscriber you wouldn't see it (though if you view the forum while logged out you might), but there's always an ad in the first post of every thread, and yep, it's sometimes one that offers a free reading in 30 seconds or whatever. You can let her know that's just an ad on this site and nothing to do with you personally. :)

Meanwhile…I'm curious to know if you ever managed to convince your mom Golden Girl was a scam?

This is what she was seeing but does it really say I'll do a free reading? It looks like it's selling a cleaning product or something. It was very confusing emailing with her because I didn't even know what site she was talking about that said I was offering free readings.

As for my mom, no she hasn't responded to Golden Girl that I know of. Apparently this girl who wrote to me was also contacted by her. Whoever was writing to her told her that she had a curse or spell on her and that she could lift the curse for a meager sum of $200. Man, I hate people like this! How can they sleep at night??????? I know there's a sucker born every minute but these people are predators of vulnerable people & that's just not right.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 87

Bookwight

The ad tends to be different every time you view any given page. Sometimes it's an ad offering horoscopes, sometimes free tarot or psychic readings, sometimes it shows ads for dresses, or dieting stuff… It might depend on your location? But I think you can still assure that person that any ad she may see is just hosted by the AT site and is not connected with you.

I'm glad your mom hasn't fallen for that! :thumbsup: I can't fathom how scammers like that live with themselves. They have to know that the only people they succeed in scamming are people who are vulnerable in some way, and deserve compassion and protection, not being preyed upon!! Grrrr.

JylliM

Talk about unethical marketing. Form letter using scare tactics to sign vulnerable people up to an open ended financial arrangement. What a disgusting low life scheme.
I agree with the advice to filter emails or preferably unsubscribe if your Mum will allow that. Point out to your Mum that the suggestion of a 'financial windfall' or return of a 'lost love' is specifically designed to lure people into paying up. Who wouldn't want one of these things to happen to them?
Disgusting.

Yelell

When I'm not logged it, I sometimes see this link at the top and bottom of every post -- I just now clicked it to see what happens and it took me to a page advertising 3 free minutes and some percent off readings with various people. They must have thought it was linking directly to the people posting??

celticnoodle

I didn't see the ad--but then as I read below this post you put up, you won't as a subscriber--which I am. However, I don't like this type of thing. It can be very confusing to people--especially newbies who are on here and it also may encourage people to come on here specifically to receive a free reading. Also, as the members of this purple world begin to turn people away, it could even give A.T. a bad reputation. Don't you think? Perhaps you should let Solandia know of this.

I also get highly upset with people to prey on the elderly and the young in this way. Its a sad world out there when you take advantage of people in this way.