Any good fiction or non-fiction books about psychics to recommend?

Smiling

There is the manga The Tarot Cafe, where the owner reads tarot to her special supernatural clients. The artist uses for her manga arts of well known published tarot decks too, sometimes putting her characters in the cards instead. Unfortunetely the english version is out of print.

Lol, love the idea; very creative! Do you know what language is it available in?

Darkmage

Like WolfyJames said, the English version is OOP. You can find it used on Amazon, though. It's worth every penny--I got all the volumes when they first came out and I love it. I'm not selling mine.

Its original language is Korean, which makes it manhwa, or the Korean term for manga. I don't know if it was translated into other languages other than English.

A good all-purpose general history of the occult was written by Kurt Seligmann. Its title: History of Magic and the Occult. Another notable one was The Occult by Colin Wilson. I believe you can find both through Amazon pretty easily. They lean more toward magicians than psychics, but until recently the two were the same, so YMMV.

Enjoy!

WolfyJames

Lol, love the idea; very creative! Do you know what language is it available in?

French, Spanish, and most probably German since German Tokyopop still exists and still sells TokyoPop titles in German.

Smiling

Like WolfyJames said, the English version is OOP. You can find it used on Amazon, though. It's worth every penny--I got all the volumes when they first came out and I love it. I'm not selling mine.

Its original language is Korean, which makes it manhwa, or the Korean term for manga. I don't know if it was translated into other languages other than English.

A good all-purpose general history of the occult was written by Kurt Seligmann. Its title: History of Magic and the Occult. Another notable one was The Occult by Colin Wilson. I believe you can find both through Amazon pretty easily. They lean more toward magicians than psychics, but until recently the two were the same, so YMMV.

Enjoy!

Thanks for all of this information, stuff I was not aware of. I'll do some digging to see what I can find available.

Smiling

French, Spanish, and most probably German since German Tokyopop still exists and still sells TokyoPop titles in German.

Ahh, I read Spanish so there's an in!

Lil Red

There is the manga The Tarot Cafe, where the owner reads tarot to her special supernatural clients. The artist uses for her manga arts of well known published tarot decks too, sometimes putting her characters in the cards instead. Unfortunetely the english version is out of print.

I bought this manga a few years ago and I found it a good book and the art is wonderful. I definitely recommend it! :love:

VGimlet

The books in John Sandford's Kidd series; The Fool's Run; The Empress File; The Devil's Code; The Hanged Man's Song feature a computer hacker/con man who uses tarot. He doesn't use them for divination usually, because it scares him they are right and he doesn't know why. :p

Also Cold Touch and Cold Sight, first two books in a series that features main characters with various psychic gifts. (pretty romance-y) though.

Will have to go search out the Kala Trobe book, haven't heard of that one.

Oh, Rob Thurman has a book about a psychic, aside from her Cal and Leandros books that was pretty good. All Seeing Eye.

Smiling

The books in John Sandford's Kidd series; The Fool's Run; The Empress File; The Devil's Code; The Hanged Man's Song feature a computer hacker/con man who uses tarot. He doesn't use them for divination usually, because it scares him they are right and he doesn't know why. :p

Also Cold Touch and Cold Sight, first two books in a series that features main characters with various psychic gifts. (pretty romance-y) though.

Will have to go search out the Kala Trobe book, haven't heard of that one.

Oh, Rob Thurman has a book about a psychic, aside from her Cal and Leandros books that was pretty good. All Seeing Eye.

Wow, from the summaries I've looked at, I'm digging the John Sandford books, and the titles are intriguing. I'm familiar with Cold Touch - not too crazy about the writing style, though...Rob Thurman's All Seeing Eye looks interesting, too.

Good picks, thanks!