* Rohrig: What is your favourite card and why?

kayne

Hey Aeclecticans and Rohrig-philes :)
Phoenix said I could start this so...

What is your favourite Rohrig card and why?

Personally I think I like the Devil. I am not usually drawn to this card but what can I say...? Those lips! :)

I also really like the Wheel of Fortune, love the blue colouring and the use of natural and found objects in the centre... Lovely! :D

Your turn...

Phoenix

It's strange really. I don't really have one favorite card from this deck. I like all of them, but none more so over another. Normally, there is a card I like more than the others, but this time.....?

divinerguy

The Magus - Excellent artwork, and like the Magus, not always easy to see what's going on behind those eyes.

Added to this is the sketchbook. They provide visual cues to possible card meanings.

Trogon

Coming in late again as usual... ;)

Hmmm Kayne... this is a tough one. Like Phoenix, I love this entire deck! Then again, my favorite might change with my mood, my state of health, the weather... who knows? ;) Still, if I had to pick a favorite or two...

Majors;

The Chariot - This is the card that first drew my attention to the deck and it has consistently remained one of my favorites. I just love the modern image here.

Beyond that it's kind of a toss up between The High Priestess ("She's just the girl, she's just the girl, the girl you want!" - Devo) and The Fool.

Minors;

Here, I'd have to pick the 2 of swords with the beautiful pastoral scene. I'm probably picking this because of all the snow on the ground here right now. :D

Osher

Hmm, very hard question. I do love my Rohrig, except the keywords.

I don't have a favourite card. I do have some I like, but less than some. There are some beautiful women in the deck, and being a young man...... I do like the idea of a racing car being The Chariot. For a long time I didn't appreciate it, but as I pondered the question, I saw that an F1 driver needs skill and determination to get where he is going (ironically, where he started, but that is the fault of the race track!).

Majors: (hey, got it down to 5, plus the Chariot, OK 6 then)
Devil (his expression, hard)
Hierophant (a kindly old man, different from how normally drawn)
Magus (his expression)
Strength (she just looks so happy)
Temperance (heck, she just looks good!)

Minors: (OK, 7 this time, not bad going though)
Ace Cups (nice representation of passion)
8 Discs: (interesting reaping of rewards, the new tree)
Q Swords: (Rohrig shows her faces, nice)
Prince Cups: (what IS on a young man's mind!)
5 Cups: (that block is, well, so right)
5 Swords: (very good, one thinks of war and defeat)
10 Swords (interesting)

Sorry couldn't do 1 card, but I did try!

Melissa`

I have to agree with Happiness here...

The favorite of all is Strength. Her happiness and laughter brings a constant smile to my face.

Amaya