A Cary-Yale by Meneghello!! How did I miss this!

gregory

I am getting it for my birthday. It is already in the house. My birthday is months away. The donor reckons he will give it to me shortly anyway :D

Thoughtful

Oh lucky you Gregory, this deck looks absolutely wonderful have always wanted a Cary-Yale but cannot afford it. l keep doing the lottery but no luck:joke:

Lutestring

i have no idea how i missed this. i love visconti decks, and love meneghello decks, and this one looks wonderful. so much detail, without the somewhat muddy look of the us games cary yale. i've been avoiding looking at new decks, as i've been not buying decks for the last couple of years, but i must find the money for this one somehow. no idea how. maybe a lottery ticket...

Fiver

Just got all up in this. Also ordered a soprafino. Can't wait!

elektrius

ah it really looks amazing, so hard to resist! it wouldn't be the first time
i buy a tarot deck and then live on bread and water the rest of the week :) as it's an incomplete deck and I probably wouldn't do readings with it, i wish it didn't have rounded corners but sqaure like the other historical decks i have.. but looking at some images online seems the original had slightly rounded corners too? and he wanted no white borders so i understand the choice..

agviz

It does seem correct that the original corners were rounded. I do like rounded corners, myself.

elektrius

i couldn't resist and I bought it! it just came in the mail and im so thrilled, it's definitely the most beautiful tarot deck i own. i like everything about it, even the round corners. the full size, the box, the card stock, the detail!! oh the detail, it feels really special im so excited to study and read more about it, definitely worth the price..

agviz

I concur with you elektruis that it is indeed a beautiful deck. This is a prime example of excellent treatment given to reproduce some very old and wonderful artwork.

Sometimes I wonder what the original artists of these old masterpieces would think to see - so many years later - people like myself fawning over their creations. And that their work inspired other tarot decks that would transcend the centuries.

gregory

I am getting it for my birthday. It is already in the house. My birthday is months away. The donor reckons he will give it to me shortly anyway :D
And I was finally given it - months early, but as I shall be in Canada for my birthday and we didn't want to take a chance on losing it on a plane...

The old one just pales into muddy insignificance, doesn't it - even though these scans don't do it justice, to be fair. This FEELS old and original - and I am VERY glad the corners are rounded - after a bit of use, decks get that way, after all; sharp cornered ones don't usually float my boat. It is absolutely stunning - that's all one can say !

I'm almost inclined to make blank cards with just titles to fill in the gaps, just so that I can use it to read.

agviz

Yes, that U.S. Games version really sucked, to be blunt. I had it briefly and then parted with it. That's in part why this Meneghello version seems all the more beautiful.