Interesting Horary Success

Barleywine

I had a recent success helping someone in the Divination sub-forum find a lost item using very rudimentary horary techniques. Here is the thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=259552

The chart is attached. I just stuck with the basics and used some of John Frawley's ideas and the correspondences from Anne Ungar and Lillian Huber, as well as more general rulerships from Rex Bills. The basic premise was simple. Ruler of the 2nd House of moveable possessions was Mercury, which also happened to be the ruler of computers (in this case a daughter's misplaced iPad). Mercury was in Leo in the 12th House and conjunct Venus, which ruled the 3rd House of communication (the iPad was a vital communication link between the querent and her non-verbal daughter). There were no important aspects between Mercury and any of the traditional planets, but fortunate Jupiter was in Mercury's rulership sign of Virgo in the 2nd House, and the Sun and Moon were both above the horizon, suggesting the item would be found. The Ascendant ruler, Sol, was also in its own sign in the 12th House, making me think the daughter had misplaced the iPad herself and forgotten it.

There was some early speculation by querent that it might be outside in a garden (Venus rules gardens). The 12th House of hidden things suggested it was concealed, and, since Venus rules women's clothing, I also thought about a clothes closet. But Frawley had it right; the Fire sign placement, he suggests, means somewhere near a wall, and Mercury's house position approaching the following cusp implied opposiite a door.

The querent used these last clues to find the iPad hidden in a narrow, dark place down the stairs from a door (which she used as a "vantage point"), behind a fish tank and leaning up against a wall. I wonder now whether the Cancer rulership of the 12th House (even though the significator wasn't in Cancer) and the fact that the Moon (ruler of fish) is an alternate significator for lost items (per Frawley) should have raised the notion of a "wet place," such as near the fish tank. If so, the iPad might have been found just a little sooner.

Attachments

• lost ipad.jpg
    lost ipad.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 120

RohanMenon

that is awesome!

well done! I haven't started looking into horary yet, but it is on my list.