Tarot Spreads: The Celtic Cross #2-the four "cross" cards

Thirteen

Jewel (08 Feb, 2002 05:12):
Any you would recommend I start looking at?

I'd vote for the Past Life. Most of the other spreads that involve limited cards are the usual (this card is "hopes," this card is "future"). Past Life is pretty unique and interesting. And requires a bit of study to work out.

Jewel

Thirteen (08 Feb, 2002 12:31):
I'd vote for the Past Life.

*LOL* Ohhh Thirteen, great minds must think alike ~giggles~. I was flipping through the book last night looking over the spreads and I booked marked the Past Life spread as my new assignment *LOL*. I am so glad you will be here to guide me once I have completed it. It does look really really interesting. I think I will follow it with the Karmic Wheel (or whatever it is called) :)

Love & Light,

Scorpion

Thirteen (07 Feb, 2002 10:59):
Regarding the book of spreads...

Can I just ask which book that is as I seemed to have missed it. I do have one but not to hand and haven't noticed any Past Life spread in it.

Anyway, back to the next four cards in the CC. As I've already got through three cards, I'm now on to 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Card 4 I describe to the querent as the factor that is driving them on or what characteristic they need to draw on in their current circumstances - I guess this is my equivalent of "below" and it goes under the original cards.

Card 5 goes to the left of the three central cards and I think of it as "Resolved Issues" - something the querent has dealt with and put behind them, but from which they need to take the lesson through life.

Card 6 is the "lesson" in my CC. I explain to people that I believe life is a learning process and that we all have certain lessons to go through at different stages. It would equate with the standard "crown" and goes above the central cards.

Card 7 is "unresolved issues" and shows situations the querent either ducks or handles badly. The fact that it is unresolved indicates that it will arise again in the near future. It goes to the right of the original cards.

I don't really use the CC for future questions, as I use a totally different past/present/future spread for that, so it's probably why I've settled on this version of the CC.

I find the "crossing" cards makes quite a lot of sense in the context of these four cards.

Thirteen

LouiQ (09 Feb, 2002 03:15):
Can I just ask which book that is as I seemed to have missed it. [/quote]

Sandor Konraad's Classic Tarot Spreads.

To quote myself on this book ;)

Thirteen This book is pretty famous among readers--and pretty much the only one of its kind--a book almost exclusively on Tarot Spreads. I recommend it hightly, though, curiously, I'd advise you to skip his brief interpetaions of the meaning of the cards at the beginning of the book. I find them seriously lacking.

Talisman

'Lo all,

'Course, Jewel, I strongly recommend the Talisman Cup spread.*

(*Or, its equivalent. The equivalent is a spread you created just for you, designed, with a mininum number of cards, to do everything you want a spread to do.)

Talisman

Jewel

Talisman (12 Feb, 2002 06:42):
'Course, Jewel, I strongly recommend the Talisman Cup spread.*

Hi Talisman :)

I have read where others have used and enjoyed your spread very much. Would you be kind enough to post it here (or give me the link to the post where you explained it) so that I can try it?

Thirteen, I still have not had a chance to do the past life spread but will let you know when I am ready for your help (if you don't mind that is ~giggles~)

Love & Light,

Talisman

'Lo Jewel,

Ah, sounds so conceited of me. I didn't mean the Talisman Cup specifically.

There are so many spreads available, you could lay out a new spread every day of the year. But, if you want a workhorse spread that is your very own, there are only three ways to get it:

1. Just adopt a spread you've found and make it your own.

2. Find a spread and adapt it to suit your needs.

3. Create your own spread. This is what I did, and it took me a long time, 'cause I'm slow.

I'd post it again, but I've already taken Thirteen's thread way off course, and she's gonna smack me upside the head. However, you may find it in Tarotbear's FAQ on spreads. Or, Bec posted it on her site and this is a great place to visit. Among many other things, Bec has lotsa' spreads, many which she calls "homemade," and these are my favorites. She has even created worksheets for her spreads.

If you do decide to use the spread, you may call it the "Jewel Spread" and then it will be your very own.

Talisman

Jewel

Talisman (13 Feb, 2002 05:24):
I'd post it again, but I've already taken Thirteen's thread way off course, and she's gonna smack me upside the head.

If you do decide to use the spread, you may call it the "Jewel Spread" and then it will be your very own.

Hi Talisman ... guess I will also get smaked upside the head for the same reason ;)

You have given me a Wonderful idea for my own spread ... the Jewel Spread ~thoughtful look~ ... it will be in the shape of a mermaid ... I will share once it is developed ... thanks :)

Love & Light,

Talisman

Jewell,

Hooray! Cheer!

And, please, please, do share your spread once you've developed it. If you make it to contain everything you NEED (versatility is important), and small enough so it will fit on a blue bandanna when you travel, it will be very valuable to you.

(And, maybe if you post it, others will adopt/adapt it for their own special spread too. I can imagine how a spread called "Mermaid" would have lot'sa appeal, and, as Faunabay once said, get out of the Celtic Cross rut.

(see Thirteen, I am paying attention.)

Talisman

Jewel

Talisman (13 Feb, 2002 12:59):
Jewell,

Hooray! Cheer!

And, please, please, do share your spread once you've developed it. If you make it to contain everything you NEED (versatility is important), and small enough so it will fit on a blue bandanna when you travel, it will be very valuable to you.

(And, maybe if you post it, others will adopt/adapt it for their own special spread too. I can imagine how a spread called "Mermaid" would have lot'sa appeal, and, as Faunabay once said, get out of the Celtic Cross rut.

(see Thirteen, I am paying attention.)

Talisman

You are too kind ~blushes~. It will take me a while but I doubt it will exceed 10 cards. Being a mermaid it will probably be a spread for introspection and delving into one's personal emotions and needs ... personal growth and acknowledgmenet shall we say. Perhaps once it is completed I can e-mail you and see if you can help me make a diagram of it to post and share.

Thirteen ... as you can see I am also paying attention ;)

Love & Light,